Mobile beauty to now room rent in salon, kids half term and hours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swanseanat88

Reaction score
Hi all
So I’ve been qualified for 11 years in beauty and holistics
Worked in salons for employers and worked on a cruise liner. And for the past 8 years I’ve been full on mobile.
I absolutely do love mobile on the grounds of you go somewhere different everyday and that
BUT I hate lugging all my suitcases in to clients houses sometimes I have to go back twice to the car to get all my stuff then it’s setting up times and then if they have dogs they are all on me and I’m covered with dog hair, or if they smoke and I’m stinking of fags ( sometimes down to my underwear)

So I have two kids both in full time school and my husband works different hours every week but we have a months roto upfront.
So I work around that sometimes he can work 9-2:45pm other times 9-7 and the shift I hate is 11-4 so it various.
So sometimes I can be mobile all day 9-6 when he’s off work. Or I work in between school 9-2:45

Sooo,
There’s a salon room to rent upstairs in a hairdressers.
It’s a room and a spray tan room. It’s lovely.
It’s a good price per week £60
Between Tuesday and Saturday

I’m dying to do it but just want to know has anyone had trouble between working 9-2:45 in a salon and does it matter that some weeks I’m there for longer.
I do live off my Facebook so any slots I have available I just put a post up and it’s filled
I know a lot of my mobile clients will follow me but I know some can’t get to me
So I was going to do mobile Monday’s. and the rest just in salon and be strict about it

I know I will gain clients from the hairdressers and walk in. And I have clients who like to come to me as their house is to small for me to come or they just like getting out of the house. If people come to me it’s only quick and easy treatments as I have the two kids and my dog.
I would love it if they could come to me in the salon which I know they will.

I’m very excited about my new venture.
And wanted to know how other people did it.

Also how do you cope in the summer holidays. Grandparents ain’t an option for me unfortunately

Thanks xx

When i rented a room i also did 1 day mobile. I enjoyed it, but i also had issues with childcare. I ended up packing the room in and working from home and doing the 1 day mobile. I save on the rent, have no childcare to pay for so it works out being the better option for me. Only thing with working at home is you get sick of being there, like you're trapped in.xx

Yeah I can’t work from home.
I did get a shed made out for beauty but it’s not big enough for the couch bed to be up with the nail desk and that
And it gets cold in there in winter I did have heating in there but it’s not good enough sometimes
I have people coming to me for eyebrows and lashes and sometimes nails but that’s when the kids are in school.

Latest posts

Back