Mobile card machines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ataylor0510

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking at getting a card machine. I currently accept cash and bank transfer payments but the amount of clients who don't pay me straight away and I have to chase is getting more and more which is driving me mad! I'm looking for recommendations for mobile card machines please x

Sumup is brilliant, I bought the machine for £20 then pay 1.something % per transaction, money goes into bank in 3 days. Clients love it, it's super easy.

I use a PayPal Here Mobil card reader, the transactions are charged at 2.75% per transaction. But I think the charge more for some credit card companies. When I started looking in to it PayPal was the most recommended, but I see a lot more of the readers on the market since. I think the PayPal reader was around £50 to purchase.

Square is probably one of the best out there.

I use Izettle. Bought the card reader about £30, then it's 2% ish per transaction. And as long as the client taps their pin code in, the transaction cannot be disputed. It's in my account 48 hours later (except weekends) I have had a sneaky client use PayPal then reverse the payment.

I use Izettle. Bought the card reader about £30, then it's 2% ish per transaction. And as long as the client taps their pin code in, the transaction cannot be disputed. It's in my account 48 hours later (except weekends) I have had a sneaky client use PayPal then reverse the payment.
That’s not quite true. Any card transaction can be reversed. It’s called a ‘chargeback’. They’ll take the money directly from the connected bank account. It’s just far more hassle as they have to speak with the bank and they have to agree to do it.

Latest posts

Back