Mobile hairdresser tricks and handy tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those of you that have card machines, does this not mean you will loose out on a bit of money for each bill? I though you got charged a small fee for each transaction, or do you mark up their bill to cover this?

Sounds really useful and something I would consider in the future, as I have had a few of those 'I don't have the money right now' customers.

Oh awesome I'm Goldwell trained and used it in London, but since being in oz I have used Wella, but again I have no idea how to make /7.. Did you train in Wella, I will be def buying all base tone and mixing up

Sounds so much fun, how have you found your results making up the tints yourself ?

I trained with Schwarzkopf originally and felt I knew it inside out, then moved salons and done basic Wella training and used Wella and then back to Schwarzkopf then changed to Goldwell! Again done basic training with Goldwell, liked it but never felt I knew enough about it to be 100% confident.

Now that I'm mobile I decided to use Wella mainly as like their coverage, reds and colour touch.

I would like to use Schwarzkopf again but I think it's all been completely changed and revamped recently so not sure about the changes.

I'd like to do more in depth colour training with wither Wella or Schwarzkopf but it's hard finding courses when mobile and live in Scotland - they all seem to be either Manchester or London :/

I trained with Schwarzkopf originally and felt I knew it inside out, then moved salons and done basic Wella training and used Wella and then back to Schwarzkopf then changed to Goldwell! Again done basic training with Goldwell, liked it but never felt I knew enough about it to be 100% confident.

Now that I'm mobile I decided to use Wella mainly as like their coverage, reds and colour touch.

I would like to use Schwarzkopf again but I think it's all been completely changed and revamped recently so not sure about the changes.

I'd like to do more in depth colour training with wither Wella or Schwarzkopf but it's hard finding courses when mobile and live in Scotland - they all seem to be either Manchester or London :/

The only thing that's changed in Schwarzkopf is that a few shades have been discontinued, and there's no more Color Gloss. Nearly everything else is the same :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi kayla i was looking into card payments and the one i saw takes 2.5% of every transaction which is poop, if its just an eyebrow shape or a dry cut. Some salons/mobiles add the money ontop of the bill but i think me being a small home salon in south birmingham it just wont work. I think the card payment app is good dependant on your prices and the area your in. X

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

The only thing that's changed in Schwarzkopf is that a few shades have been discontinued, and there's no more Color Gloss. Nearly everything else is the same :)

Thank you! I'll maybe give it a shot then :)

Great thread iv been mobile years hair and beauty and some of the things on this thread never thought of.

Question for you lovely mobile/freelance stylists

What do you offer to your clients that keeps you unique from other mobile stylists? What makes your clients a fan of you?

I went to pro live yesterday and watched a seminar on how to boost your business it was aimed at salons. The guy was basically saying in this day and age we need fans not clients! Clients used to stay loyal but in this day and age if they get a similar service elsewhere and cheaper then they will stray!

He thinks we need to offer what someone else is not offering and make clients a fan of us so they stay loyal xx

I am a mobile hairdresser too, and do colour consultations just like you should in a salon I offer this free! if I want customers you got to do this, just remember you are doing a door to door service it shouldn't be cheap although you should do your research for the pricing in the area, you also have to "risk assess" yourself and the client because you are entering their home you have to cover yourself on all sides. When doing colour work be realistic in what is possible in a house. Be professional and consistent, dont' undercut yourself either because I try to base my prices on covering my colour brand which I took myself on a training course for, and my prices are based on the market average and I will review as to what works and what doesn't etc just like a salon does. I have an App on my mobile which covers the appointment reminders and client record card I also hold written client cards as well and remember the the data laws as well. One person up here mention the freelance federation this is a good idea. I would also recommend you take yourself on courses, they can be pricey but worth it, you learn so much! I stick to a colour brand because of the technical knowledge and I also use the brand on myself.

I am a mobile hairdresser too, and do colour consultations just like you should in a salon I offer this free! if I want customers you got to do this, just remember you are doing a door to door service it shouldn't be cheap although you should do your research for the pricing in the area, you also have to "risk assess" yourself and the client because you are entering their home you have to cover yourself on all sides. When doing colour work be realistic in what is possible in a house. Be professional and consistent, dont' undercut yourself either because I try to base my prices on covering my colour brand which I took myself on a training course for, and my prices are based on the market average and I will review as to what works and what doesn't etc just like a salon does. I have an App on my mobile which covers the appointment reminders and client record card I also hold written client cards as well and remember the the data laws as well. One person up here mention the freelance federation this is a good idea. I would also recommend you take yourself on courses, they can be pricey but worth it, you learn so much! I stick to a colour brand because of the technical knowledge and I also use the brand on myself.

What are are you using?

Latest posts

Back