Mobile hairdressers, does this sound ridiculous to you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairByCharlotte

Reaction score
Hi one of my Facebook friends has put on her status that she's having her hair from black to caramel for the first time in 5 years so I look at the comments and basically she's getting another mobile hairdresser in the area to do it. Listen to this she's having it ... Stripped, then full head highlights with a colour in between AND. A cut for £45. Forgive me if I'm wrong but surely that's about a £20 profit at least and for all those hours of work?! Bearing in mind her hair is very long too!

Just makes me a but down as how am I supposed to compete with prices like that?!! I would have to charge at least £100 for all of that to even make it worth my while. What's all your opinions. And after all that bleaching I wonder what the hair condition will be like after?!! Xx

I know if I wanted my hair doing, £45 for what she's having done Would put me off, knowing that it should be a lot more. I believe you get what you pay for.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using SalonGeek

jeez that does sound very cheap

I also find it hard to believe that she's gonna end up with the colour she wants straight away? Do any of you also have it where you go to someone or you have been doing someone a while but before you they had another mobile hair dresser. They ask how much for say a t section you say your price. Oh well so and so did it for (cheaper amount) I think well are you going back to them or are you sticking with me. Your sticking with me lol. This business is frustrating at times!

watch this space im sure she will be back to you to fix it .

i would always say you may not get the results you want straight away, i swear clients think hair color is just paint , lol

i would always say you may not get the results you want straight away, i swear clients think hair color is just paint , lol

Lol, yes I think they do, :) x

You pay cheap you pay twice!

I wouldn't worry at all, I'm sure she's using cheap crappy products too.

I'm mobile and charge £95+ for colour correction.

All my tints, bleaches and Demi's are L'Oreal and would not compromise the condition of my clients hair.

I think some mobile hairdressers want to make money quick and don't care! x x

Hi one of my Facebook friends has put on her status that she's having her hair from black to caramel for the first time in 5 years so I look at the comments and basically she's getting another mobile hairdresser in the area to do it. Listen to this she's having it ... Stripped, then full head highlights with a colour in between AND. A cut for £45. Forgive me if I'm wrong but surely that's about a £20 profit at least and for all those hours of work?! Bearing in mind her hair is very long too!

Just makes me a but down as how am I supposed to compete with prices like that?!! I would have to charge at least £100 for all of that to even make it worth my while. What's all your opinions. And after all that bleaching I wonder what the hair condition will be like after?!! Xx

Hi, I have came across this with a girl I used to train with.
However by 'stripping' the hair, she actually meant 'I'm going to do a full head of bleach'

This may be why the service is so cheap!

Some hairdressers like to use the 'quicker way' and to pre-lighten a full head is alot quicker than going through a colour correction process.

Do t let it bother you, you keep your prices as they are. You get what you pay for. Just be prepared to ofer advice and consultations when she realises her hair is not what she asked for etc. cause this is usually the case x

If you pay peanuts, then you'll get monkeys doing it! ;)

If you pay peanuts, then you'll get monkeys doing it! ;)

Hahahahahahaha, true! You never know it may be lovely I look forward to seeing pics on fb lol. But yea it's so funny the amount of girls that say "hmmm what colour shall I go next" when their hair is black and they think they can just put a red or a blonde on and it will just magically turn that colour. X

Latest posts

Back