Mobile Hairdressing/Transport

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveh

Reaction score
Hey Hair Geeks :green:

I'm new here so i'll say a big hello. Little background: David, 24, just starting my training in hairdressing NVQ level 2. I've decided to have a career change, as my last job was driving me nuts! :lol: I'd like to go mobile when i've finished and perhaps do my level 3 part time *wavey to everyone* :)

Anyways, now to my question.

Basically, mobile requires your own transport, which is pretty obvious and apparent. However, I drive a motorbike and really dislike cars :eek: I've always been a motorbike driver and i really love it. Despite the fact my bike has loads of storage, extra compartments and sections to fit a whole load of stuff in, how do you think this would go down with clients? Would you raise an eyebrow if your mobile hairdresser was driving a motorbike and not a car?

I've asked a few friends what they think and none of them can see a problem with it. However, friends would say that, wouldn't they? lol So i thought I'd ask you guys what you thought and how well (if at all) this would/could work?

(Sorry if this question has been asked before. I did search the forums for 15 mins or so using the search function but it didn't find anything related)

Thanks in advance for any replies

David x

Hey Hair Geeks :green:

I'm new here so i'll say a big hello. Little background: David, 24, just starting my training in hairdressing NVQ level 2. I've decided to have a career change, as my last job was driving me nuts! :lol: I'd like to go mobile when i've finished and perhaps do my level 3 part time *wavey to everyone* :)

Anyways, now to my question.

Basically, mobile requires your own transport, which is pretty obvious and apparent. However, I drive a motorbike and really dislike cars :eek: I've always been a motorbike driver and i really love it. Despite the fact my bike has loads of storage, extra compartments and sections to fit a whole load of stuff in, how do you think this would go down with clients? Would you raise an eyebrow if your mobile hairdresser was driving a motorbike and not a car?

I've asked a few friends what they think and none of them can see a problem with it. However, friends would say that, wouldn't they? lol So i thought I'd ask you guys what you thought and how well (if at all) this would/could work?

(Sorry if this question has been asked before. I did search the forums for 15 mins or so using the search function but it didn't find anything related)

Thanks in advance for any replies

David x

Ok I don't think the fact there's anything wrong in having a motorbike, however your really going to need quite a but of storage and what about your range of tints not mention bottles of developers which I think are big in themselves if your going to carry 3,6,9 % then dryer then products and round brushes and not to mention bleaching containers. Maybe go to your college or where you doing nvq2 and have a space rehearsal with empty bottles of chemical then see what space your gonna be left with for your tools. Also I'm probably gonna be the most hated geek now but I can't stress enough that you should get alot of salon experience before going mobile. But motorbike see how it all pans out.

Hi David! What a fab idea! You just need to sit down and plan it out. Example: you could carry your peroxides and bleach in smaller bottles i.e. travel bottles (not every day you are going to need every strength). First time clients having colours could be given a consultation prior to the actual appointment so that you will not need to be carrying every colour. Hope this helps and good luck! :D x

Latest posts

Back