Mobile hairdressing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyvictoria

Reaction score
just want to ask a few questions:

what do you all think of my price list? is it too cheap? too expensive?

Price list
- Cut & Blow dry..................................................... £15
- Long hair restyle....................................................£20

- Full head of foils (Short Hair)..................................£35
- Full head of foils (Long Hair)...................................£40

- Half Head of foils (Short Hair).................................£25
- Half Head of foils (Long Hair ).................................£30

- T section (Short Hair) ............................................£20
- T section (Long Hair) .............................................£25

- Foils + colour in between (Short Hair).......................£45
- Foils + Colour in between (Long Hair).......................£50

- Full head tint (Short Hair)........................................£20
- Full head tint (Long Hair).........................................£25

Consoltations are free of charge

Also at the moment i have 2 jobs, I'm working with my mum full time to pay off some debts and to help fund my mobile hairdressing business. and obviously my second job is mobile hairdressing. I want to do mobile hairdressing full time but i was just wondering say in one month i don't make any money (e.g january after xmas etc) would i be able to get help from the government for that particular month? would i be able to claim job seekers if i dont have any clients for that particular month? also any buissness tips would be very useful if you can give me some hints on how to go about things! x

Think the rule of thumb is you should be about the same as local salons so depending where you depends on your price (I'm in Nottinghamshire and it's about the same as mine

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

Hiii, your prices are very cheap have a look at what other mobiles are charging in your area and just make sure you dont under price yourself as it will be harder for you to increase them once you have a good client base!
You can have a little peek at my prices on Salon Style at Home
Also get yourself a free website, i got mine from 'google sites' its just a basic site but its worked great for me!x

Very cheap for what I charge. Being mobile doesn't mean be cheap. The other mobiles around me are rock bottom prices, I class myself as a luxury for the client as they don't have to even make the effort to leave te house, I take a flask of hot water, china cups (and sandwich bags to put in after used) coffee sugar tea and milk to make them a drink and not use their stuff, I use my own shampoo and conditioner and can supply nail tech, beautician and semi permanent makeup artist and do the arrangements so that we are one after the other so they don't have to wait around.
If you are going to do a super job, give the clients all the luxuries they would like, and can sort out other services on their behalf then charge more.

I looked at the mobile price lists In my area, then looked at the salon prices, decided I was giving them convenience and service they don't expect to be included and priced accordingly which happens to be above the local salon price's xoxo

Completely agree with you Tomme, mobile shouldn't mean cheap!x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Way too cheap x

If you're SE then you won't be able to get JS if you have a quiet month because you're not available for work if you're SE. Also, don't make your prices too cheap a you'll find it's hard to put the prices up. You'll probably be busy for the Christmas period so put some money by to see you throught the quieter months :)

If you try and market yourself on price you are always going to struggle.
Focus on VALUE for your clients and watch your business grow overnight.

Thank you all so much for advice / tips. What months would be the quieter months in hairdressing? I know January is because its after Christmas. Also I need advice. I'm brilliant at colour selection, foils, long hair, disconnected hair but I do struggle on shorter styles. I can do bobs no problem! But anything else short, I do struggle with, has anyone got a suggestions / courses I can do? Xxx

Latest posts

Back