Mobile hairdressing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickie@Nailmania-Limited

Goldie Hawn Geek
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I am about to become a mobile hairdresser. I need a list of essentials to have in my mobile kit.

What is your most useful item (other than the obvious items) that you could not do without? What are the most useful?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks xxx

Mirror and toners for me! Also a decent phone to search the Internetfor potential styles! Gd luck

A detachable shower head! It attaches to the clients taps if they don't have a shower to rinse colors, makes it so much easier than filling up a jug every time it needs rinsing 😄

Thanks those are great ... I have put them on my list .. What sort of bag, box carrier do you use?

A detachable shower head! It attaches to the clients taps if they don't have a shower to rinse colors, makes it so much easier than filling up a jug every time it needs rinsing 😄

Can you get a universal one? For all shape and sized taps? X

This is not going to help but I could not be mobil as I would need a transit van can be without anything :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Can you get a universal one? For all shape and sized taps? X

Mine has 2 tubes for the taps (hot and cold) and a tube attached to the shower head, it fits over bath taps but I got mine many years ago and obviously you can now get one tap for both hot and cold so it wouldn't work on that kind, the attachments are rubber so do stretch to fit over a wider tap, I couldn't even tell you where I got it from lol it was that long ago 😄

Mine has 2 tubes for the taps (hot and cold) and a tube attached to the shower head, it fits over bath taps but I got mine many years ago and obviously you can now get one tap for both hot and cold so it wouldn't work on that kind, the attachments are rubber so do stretch to fit over a wider tap, I couldn't even tell you where I got it from lol it was that long ago 😄

I also have one of these & I find my wash tray really handy if a client finds it difficult bending over the bath.

Is this the type of attachment you have? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378449946.044582.jpg

Yes that's the sort of thing .

Definitely an extension lead!!!!
Good shampoos, conditioners and toners!
And gloves!

Dry shampoo for those clients who swear they have not washed their hair on the day of a hair up!!! Sounds silly but I find it dirties the hair a bit lol x

a few things i wouldnt go without
-a plastic sheet to put down if the client has carpet or even just to stop drips of colour on hard floors.
-rubbish bags for used foils.
-good de tangling spray honestly when u wash the hair frontwards its so knotty after foils especially!
-lots of towels ul use more mobile than in the salon
-shower caps or plastic wrap to process colours if theyre havibg a base colour and wondering around tge house ive had clients accidentally touch their hair on the walls in their home. a bit of a drama on white walls with dark tint

all the best and enjoy

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

A portable basin!! (wash tray)
You also will need an attachment as the shower head and all the waste water will drain in the bath tub

my mobile kit essentials are-
base 5, 6, 7 - these are fab when i need a between/correction etc so always have them with me
unique1 spray- conditioner, heat protect, etc all in one- saves carrying 5 bottles!
red colour mousse- pre pig and red refresh
back comb brush
wax ( black and white)
small elastics
barrier cream
cotton wool
water spray
a tip is to buy larger shampoo/cond and decant into smaller bottles
two large brushes
a shed load of sectioning clips
at least 2 bowls and tint brushes
flat pack of foil
razor
babyliss pro palm size clipper

hope that helps..... :)

Hi hun im also mobile, the other ladies have it pretty mch covered! here are some of my most needed bits! 😊 sorry if i repeat anyone! Lol

⭐️You can never have too many sectioning clips! (Mine tend to go walkies 😉)
⭐️definitely 2/3 tint bowls & brushes ( i have a bad habit of leaving them behind on people's drainers after washing them up 😆)
⭐️Tint colour chart
⭐️Foil despenser/cutter
⭐️Baby wipes! (Great for taking out foils!! Esp if some are developed before others)
⭐️kiddies cutting gown! My kimono swamps little ones
⭐️heat protector spray
⭐️thick based serum! I find Argan/natural oils are best
⭐️ detangling comb

Good luck hun! Going solo is so exciting 😄

Ive just got this! Im so embarrassingly excited to use it haha. No more jugs!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380790005.238816.jpg

Latest posts

Back