Mobile nail table or not

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take my own too! My table, plus 1 chair for me. It is a pain but feel more secure knowing I won't spill, it's quicker to set up as it's always the same for me! Most clients dinning/kitchen chairs are similar height to my table. On the odd occasion clients have not had a chair I have managed ok with the client sat on their sofa. I also have my work lamp clamp permanently attached to my table should I need to put the arm in and use it. xx
Beccalou

Oh yes my lamp too, it clamps on to my table id never clamp it to a clients table though as it has left a little mark on my own... Not that you see it when its dressed ready for use.

I have chairs, but never needed them I just ask when booking if they have chairs we can use.

My table is in my car otherwise I would take a picture. Think it was classed as a foldaway bbq/camping table. It was only around £15-20, the portable manicure desks I looked at were all too heavy.

As it is a fold up table I can carry it on my arm (hooked over) & all my nail stuff is in a little suitcase on wheels! Xx

As a Professional Mobile Nail Technician I wouldn't consider NOT using my own table.
You are providing a Professional Service in someone's home, with high (if not higher) standards than a Salon.

Using; Ironing Boards, Picnic Tables and other non professional kit devalues not only your own business, but other Mobile Nail Professionals too.
As for using a client's table this can cause damage to your back if you are not sitting correctly.

I have worked hard at changing perceptions of 'Mobiles' over the last few years and it has been a struggle and will continue to be so if we are not all going to be Professional every day and represent our Industry as Professionals.

Yes, my Kit Bag is big and heavy. Yes, my Table is big and heavy.
However I choose to provide a Mobile Nail Service, therefor these are the issues I have to deal with.

I use a lightweight wooden TV dinner table, I bought it from The Range for £7.99.
I drape a handtowel over then place my arm rest, couch roll, lamp etc on it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I couldn't agree with you more MeToYouNails! Very eloquently put!

Beccalou

Latest posts

Back