mobile nail tech. saftey?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollie_mummy

Reaction score
Hi, im just looking into going mobile but my fiance thinks its too dangerous to just go to a strangers house and hope that theyre genuine. have any of you ever come across crazy people that have rang you just to get you into there house or anything similar? and do you worry every time you get an appoinment? sorry for all the questions i do find it a weird though cause we wouldnt just go into a starngers house if they just invited us in off the streets.
any advice please?xxx:irked: :)

I think it's a really good point and because of it I have decided not to provide male treatments.

I know that when I first start out I'll be really nervous going to a new client. I'll make sure that my husband knows exactly where I am and for how long and I will call him as soon as I've left too.

I don't think that safety is something that we should ever take for granted.

Excellent question. I was going to go the mobile route when I finished training in Norway so it has crossed my mind since moving back here. My paranoid mind worries that you might get a call from a woman, or think you are, but how do you know? I guess the best way is to leave someone close a list of your appointments and expected time scales and make sure every client knows it?

Similar logic I suppose to the notices pizza and take away delivery menu's say when they point out they never carry more than X amount on them in cash.

Never had any crazy people yet lol but I don't even think about it to be honest maybe a little naieve? I always have a wee chat with them on the phone first, I would do a male client but would tell someone the address and txt them when I went in and say If I havent txt you in 20mins call the police!

Most of my clients are friends of friends of friends so word of mouth is my safety tip IYKWIM!

Julie xx

I always leave a copy of each name and address at home, I also text the address to hubby and he will text me to check all is well.

When i am out mobile and i pull up to the house i pull out my mobile and pretend to have a phone conversation saying that im there and such, then when i leave i do the same again. It just makes the people think.( also handy if the client likes to keep you chatting it looks like another appointment after them.) I do have a book with appointment times, addressess and phone numbers with someone at home too.
Another thing i do is leave my handbag and purse hidden in the van, also my phone, i have my van keys on a key chain that is clipped to me at all times, so if the worst happened i could run out and get away and call for help.
Always check your entrance ways again if anything untoward happens i also let the client lead into the house even if i have been there lots of times before.
I have got some regulars who i have been going to for years but i still do this, they have never mentioned it and so it cannot look too out of place.
One other thing that i have only recently started to do is when i go to anyones house i dont have anything to drink from them, i used to, my sister in law was doing some collecting for an agency and became chatty with one lady over time, one day she invited her in for a coffee, next thing my s-i-l remembers its gone midnight and there is noone around, the car keys, money handbag cards etc had all gone yep even the car. so thats why i dont drink at peoples homes, you never know.
On the bright side i love going mobile as its always different, keep your witts about you and you will be fine.

Thankyou for your replies theres loads of great ideas, its good to know your all safe! lol thankyou i feel much better about doing it now. sorry to hear about your sister, thats shocking! :eek:

I take people at face value - it's the only way I know, tbh! My appts are backed up on to the computer and I carry 2 mobile phones so my hubby knows where I am. I also always tell him where I am and roughly when I'll be back.....

I've never been in a situation where I didn't feel safe..... I've been to houses I'd rather not go back to but that's another story, lmao!!!!

Latest posts

Back