Mobile nails only or other treatments too?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisamv

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm planning on going mobile, after leaving my salon for more time at home with a small baby.

I would really like to just concentrate on nails, Shellac, mani's, pedi's and minx (with possibility of introducing extensions later)

I'd just like some advice over whether this is viable? I plan to become a shellac master painter and really go down the nail art scene. I just wondered if any other just "nail technicians" often asked to do other treatments as well, or if you think I should just offer everything as I am level 3 trained and i do have everything i need.
My only worry is carrying everything about in my tiny car, messing about with wax pots etc..it just seems such a faff to me?! This is why just nails seems so much more appealing to me!
I'm trying to decide on the name... was thinking something along the lines of Lisa Marie nails but i thought i'd better truely decide which route first! Its so confusing!

Any advice please ladies??! Do you think i'm safe to just stick with nails? Thank you!

Hi everyone,

I'm planning on going mobile, after leaving my salon for more time at home with a small baby.

I would really like to just concentrate on nails, Shellac, mani's, pedi's and minx (with possibility of introducing extensions later)

I'd just like some advice over whether this is viable? I plan to become a shellac master painter and really go down the nail art scene. I just wondered if any other just "nail technicians" often asked to do other treatments as well, or if you think I should just offer everything as I am level 3 trained and i do have everything i need.
My only worry is carrying everything about in my tiny car, messing about with wax pots etc..it just seems such a faff to me?! This is why just nails seems so much more appealing to me!
I'm trying to decide on the name... was thinking something along the lines of Lisa Marie nails but i thought i'd better truely decide which route first! Its so confusing!

Any advice please ladies??! Do you think i'm safe to just stick with nails? Thank you!

Hi Lisa
I'm mobile and I only offer nail services. Occasionally I am asked by my clients if I will offer other beauty services but I'm sticking with just nails. So far (I've been running my business for just over 18 months now) this has not caused any problems or loss of clients, they simply go elsewhere for other services and continue with me for their nails.
Hope that helps. x

Thank you for your reply. That's reassuring. I was concerned i may lose clients but i guess if you're that good at the nails they'll stick with you.

I do think just nails is much more appealing! And it was definitely the top treatment in the salon so I think its something you could really build on.

Thanks again x

When I first started as mobile (I am no longer mobile and have a nail desk at home), I offered every treatment under the sun at quite a low cost. Well at least each treatment was about 20% cheaper than a salon price. And the majority of clients just wanted Shellac, so in the end I decided to offer nail services only. Wasn't detremental to my business whatsoever, but I guess it depends on what your clients will want. If you advertise right and direct marketing at clients you want to attract then your business should thrive. Good luck with it all :) xxx

Back