Mobile or home salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cjs Cosmetics

Reaction score
I have been looking at all the threads on home salons and the pictures they look amazing!!!

I have brought everything to pursue with mobile.... Although am liking the idea of home salon... How does everyone do it? Do u get a client base mobile first or get a client base ? Or produce the home salon then work on building a client base?
Thanks

I started mobile only then a couple of clients asked if they could come to me, so i set up my mobile table in a spare room. It went from there really, i needed a permanent space to store my equipment so my home salon was born. I had a nice blank canvas to start with as the room already had wooden floors and cream walls so just brought a desk from ikea and some curtains and accessories and went from there... since then i have added a couch and other stuff.

I didnt really have much of a client base but after setting up my room did 4 months of advertising in a local business directory and did 5000 leaflets and my business was well and truely formed. I only have 2 mobile clients now and dont tend to offer mobile as an option as its much nicer and easier for me to work from home.

My home salon was the best thing i ever did xx

Wow sounds good I would love a home salon so much easier! Although would be a lot of work!! I havnt got a room or anything!! Was thinking of buying a shed but obviously so it up inside!!!

For that reason I think I'm best to Perdue with mobile try an get the clients then hopefully eventually they'll come to me when ready!!

Thanks

Hiya, ive just set up at home in my kitchen! yes i know it may sound weired but..its large and sparce i have plenty of room for my couch etc i have wooden floors and blackout blinds plust locks on the doors..i even put a sign in the door when i have clients lol..so far so good..everyone has said how nice it looks and how relaxed they feel..i only open it 3 days a week so i book all my clients in and can set up the night before ..good luck! xx:)

Hiya, ive just set up at home in my kitchen! yes i know it may sound weired but..its large and sparce i have plenty of room for my couch etc i have wooden floors and blackout blinds plust locks on the doors..i even put a sign in the door when i have clients lol..so far so good..everyone has said how nice it looks and how relaxed they feel..i only open it 3 days a week so i book all my clients in and can set up the night before ..good luck! xx:)

Hi Heaven sent I would really like to know how you're getting on with working from your kitchen. I have a big kitchen and don't really want to work outside in the shed but that may be a solution for me. Do you have pictures and what so your clients think?

Kers.x

Latest posts

Back