Mobile retail sales (mobile PIN machine)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baselrod

Reaction score
Me again! This site is like a black hole - once your drawn in you can't get out!!:)
Anyway, I'm a mobile therapist and the more I read the more I realise that profits come a lot with retailing after care products etc. How do you go about selling whilst mobile? This may seem like a daft question but my only conclusion is that you have to set up your workstation in Client's house and then have some sort of shelving (like a shop?!) and start displaying items for sale? This seems to me a bit like "overkill" and it would certainly put me off asking someone to come into my home again if I thought they were just being a sales person? What do you do? How do you show/tell the Client other than this "obvious" approach? This then leads to the question do any of you mobile therapists use the PIN machines? are they successful? Did you do this straight away with your business or wait until retain sales were sufficient?

SORRY for the long question! :)

Surely you would know in advance what treatments you would be doing for each client, and thus know what subset of products to take with you, instead of the whole shebang? So perhaps just a small bag of retail products rather than a huge shelf?

The mobile card machine might be a possibility too, although I guess you would expect clients to have their cheque books to hand if you are doing treatments in their home (assuming that they still use cheque books)? Or cash even!

What might be even better is to advertise relevant products on your web site, so that clients would be aware of what was on offer prior to booking a treatment with you?
Posted via Mobile Device

Surely you would know in advance what treatments you would be doing for each client, and thus know what subset of products to take with you, instead of the whole shebang? So perhaps just a small bag of retail products rather than a huge shelf?

The mobile card machine might be a possibility too, although I guess you would expect clients to have their cheque books to hand if you are doing treatments in their home (assuming that they still use cheque books)? Or cash even!

What might be even better is to advertise relevant products on your web site, so that clients would be aware of what was on offer prior to booking a treatment with you?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi I am a mobile nail technician and do spray tans also. The only item I retail is NSI nuture oil which I mention to them while applying it and explain the benefits. as for the card machine I have only ever had one client paying by cheque the rest always have cash as they know you are coming xx

didnt mean to qote that in there im still new to this site lol x

No worries; I always pay cash for treatments myself anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device

What you're saying sounds obvious when I read it back!! It's just I've read so much on this site I have a MILLION questions about everything!! Quite right most people pay by cash when visiting their homes and I think it's a great idea to show what I do sell on website and let client's know they are available to buy when I visit - thanks so much :)

Latest posts

Back