Mobile therapist can you help me??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahd

Reaction score
edit Hi, Iv just started my own mobile business but I do not drive so i will be taking public transport, im a little confused tho of whether i should take my couch or not for waxing, eyelash tints ect. I have tried carrying it along with the other equipment I would need for a treatment which i have in a small trolley on wheels but it is just impossible to do without seriously damaging my back. What do other therapists who take public transport do? and also should I add my travel on to the prices of treatments?

Would be very greatful for any help.

Thanks

Sarah

Hi hun, this is just my opinion so please dont think i am puting a dampener on the subject.
Working mobile is hard enough when you have a car (i'm sure most would agree), i couldnt imagine going by public transport!
You couldnt go without your couch, its just not professional and you will damage yourself in the long run by bad posture.

Wouldnt you consider doing your driving lessons? Or open a spare room as a home salon?
xxx

hi, yea im def going to be started my driving lessons soon.

I have thought about getting clients to come to me as i do have the space but im renting my home from a landlord and i dont know if i can do that.

Do you know anything about that?

Sarah x

Hi hun, this is just my opinion so please dont think i am puting a dampener on the subject.
Working mobile is hard enough when you have a car (i'm sure most would agree), i couldnt imagine going by public transport!
You couldnt go without your couch, its just not professional and you will damage yourself in the long run by bad posture.

Wouldnt you consider doing your driving lessons? Or open a spare room as a home salon?
xxx

Yeah i agree 100% you really need to drive to be a mobile therapist. i would think about opening a spare room up or renting one so that clients come to you.

hi, yea im def going to be started my driving lessons soon.

I have thought about getting clients to come to me as i do have the space but im renting my home from a landlord and i dont know if i can do that.

Do you know anything about that?

Sarah x

You would have to get permission from your landloard who will have to write to the mortgage lenders. This can be a lengthy process hun. You will also have to tell the council who you will need to get to look at your treatment room and provide you with a certificate. Your equipment will need to be pat tested also.
But i cant see why you cant do your family and friends in the mean time to earn a bit of cash.

Good luck with your lessons...you will see a whole load of doors open from there hun and you wont feel like everything is so hard :hug: xxx

I agree, doing mobile work via public transport would be impossible. Sorry hun! x

thanks everyone for all your help.

xxx

OK not to put a dampner on it; but having been doing therapies for 8 years

here's my opinion ( I drive but considering this from your point of view)

I used to walk locally to clients, not a problem if it is local

You could explain you don't have a bed or it's not easy to carry if you have to take transport.

The other option is a taxi or getting a lift

It is hard for me having a boot full of equipment, I struggle enough so I do think where there is a will there is a way; if you want to try it and are passionate then go for it - but I think after a while it will be very draining

Clients defiantely like to get on the couch to have therapies, it's part of the treatment.

Good luck xx

Latest posts

Back