Mobile therapy disaster!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani1987

Reaction score
OK so I got up this morning with a clear idea how my day was going to go, who my appointments were and what time I would be finished.
I had a text from a client then asking could i fit her mum in. Knowing what my day looked like without checking the diary I agreed and all went well.
Finished that appointment and went home, a days work done half hour ago I had a missed call... that rock hitting stomach feeling... oh my god!!! Me thinking I knew exactly how may day was in my diary was wrong... somewhere along the line I had forgotten my back massage at 4.30!!!
I had remembered all week and had in my head ill be home by 6 ready to chill for the evening with my beloved but somewhere between last night and this morning it was totally erased from my memory!!!

I called her back immediately and came clean I had very ignorantly completely forgotten about her.

She was absolutely fine and rescheduled for next week, she was just glad nothing bad had happened to me as it was definitely not like me to not show up! I hung up the phone and burst in to tears from humiliation and guilt at letting my lovely client down. I have done this one other time before when I was in such a panic about a birthday /pamper party making sure I was ready I forgot about the eyebrow wax I had en route... even though I had checked my dairy multiple times that day!

My other half tried to ease my crying by saying twice in 2 years isn't bad and you over book yourself so much it's no wonder, you put yourself u see too much pressure... just remember from now on to check your diary... I had told myself that the last time it happened...

Note to self double check diary before coming home and putting on the pj's and chilling with a book :(

I'm going to pop up to her to more with a voucher and some flowers just to say how sorry I am for being so rude ... Please say something similar has happened to someone else to ease my suffering. :Scared::Scared::Scared:

I was tucking into my second gin and tonic when my client rang to ask where I was.

Not only had I forgotten to go and do her treatment but she had paid in advance so I felt awful, and I was too pissed to drive there!

She is still a client and that was YEARS ago so don't beat yourself up.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

We all do this

I enjoyed my morning off and went to yet gym - forgetting that my new client was due to arrive
She had waited outside my house for ten mins / tried phoning me whilst I was enjoying my subbed before she went home

Or the other time I had a training day starting at 10am only for a client to arrive at 0930am

She had done a 32 mile round trip to get to me !!!

Or the client I double booked before Xmas

Or the patch test ladies I've forgotten

Lol I sound terrible but it's life

When we juggle soooo many clients and apps and work alone( so we have to do it all ourselves ) ofcourse we forget

We are only human x

Don't feel bad - it happens!!

The voucher for a complimentary treatment or offering an extra something when you next see her will make up for the little mistake :) x

Thanks everyone ;)glad I'm not alone. She was fine and was just happy I was honest with her that I had completely forgotten x

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I've got a really lovely client thd first time she booked in I got a call from my daughters school that she was ill just as I pulled up to her house, the second time the traffic was so bad I was 30 mins late and the third time I was ill. I think I've cancelled on clients maybe five times ever and twice was her. I felt awful thinking she'd have me down as a typical unreliable mobile stylist but actually she understands it's just life sometimes xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one of those days today too! I work from my home salon and my diary told me my first client was at 5.30pm today so I treated myself to a lie in. Was just half sleeping in bed when I had a phonecall from my new client asking if my house was the one with the mini. Then I realised she was outside and I wrote her in the wrong day! Luckily I'd spent ages doing my hair last night /gave myself a facial so I bolted Into the bathroom to shove on clothes/brush teeth/wash and answered the door pretending I expected her. She was none of the wiser and she asked for a pricelist and loved her nails. I'll never make that mistake again! Stress lol

Vicky x

Isn't it funny how it can happen twice though with the same person - once my client arrived at 9 and I was just off to drive my daughter into work and I insisted it was half past and she was laughing and said she was so dippy and went for a coffee - I came back, checked the diary and she was right it was 9!! I offered her discount but she wouldn't take it.

Then again, same lady, arrived to find I'd just washed my hair and was wearing a turban lol
I'm still not completely sure who was right but I sat and did her nails for her with the turban on (I was dressed I might add!!) She's been coming years and was lovely about it which is lucky as it happened twice to her!

Hope all these tales make you feel a bit better ;) x

Haha! I'm so glad it's not just me. [emoji3]I've nearly done it once before too, In my diary my eyebrow wax was at 12pm but she arrived at 11am. Luckily I had my wax pot on already and was ready. Luckily I've always managed to save the day abs pretend I expected them everytime....so far! [emoji3] I love the towel turban part ! Hilarious. [emoji3] my partner had just in from nightshift so I'm so glad he woke me up when he came in xxxx

Situations such as yours has happened to all of us! I think multitasking is part of our jobs so these things are bound to happen!

Oh god this has made me feel so much better [emoji23]

I've done this twice since opening (mid November) work on my own and have a little room. I'm used to a receptionist doing the bookings!!! I have anxious dreams now
Constantly!!! At least it
(Hopefully) means I won't do it again xxx

Latest posts

Back