Mobile treatments in beautified vehicle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemimaFox

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397665178.470038.jpg

I live in a very touristy area and I would love to look into one day having a vehicle to do treatments on the go, possibly on the beaches, with some retail too like the Shellac one in the photo.
Is this even possible, I'm guessing there must be loads of licenses and red tape to cross....anyone have any advice?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397665644.009528.jpg
Bare escentuals doing it too

Sorry, no practical advice, but just wanted so say what a FABULOUS idea!

Good luck with it, please post pics if you do go ahead!! xxx

It's doable but it's seasonable if your hitting the tourist trade. You can't exact book in repeat clients so you have to always battle for new customers. In the UK I would of thought most people are happy with there local therapist.

It's doable but it's seasonable if your hitting the tourist trade. You can't exact book in repeat clients so you have to always battle for new customers. In the UK I would of thought most people are happy with there local therapist.

I see your point, however this would be alongside a couple of salons I already have which I maybe should have mentioned :)
Just trying to get my brand out there :D

I see your point, however this would be alongside a couple of salons I already have which I maybe should have mentioned :)
Just trying to get my brand out there :D

Then it's certainly a good idea. Just need to way up ROI as imagine the cost of making a mobile van look nice and have everything you need won't be cheap.

There's a van local to me that's basically a barbershop on wheels. They go to all the local boot sales, markets and god knows where else.

Such a fun idea! Elemis have a bust that tours around the uk! Until last year there was always a mobile barber around where I live, he had different areas he went to and would be here once a week I think so was building up his repeat custom like that!

Amanda xx

There are lots of business that do this. Music festivals are another venue that seems to attract these vehicles, especially for hair services. .. wash and blow dry mainly. There are also plenty of caravans that do this. .. Although filling up a water butt continually would drive me nuts, then a generator for electrics. May be different if you had a fully serviceable pitch. .. but unlikely.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would love to do this. I can imagine a double decker bus, waxing and massage upstairs :wink2:, nails below.

On one of my trips to Australia, we saw someone on the beach with what looked like a spray tan gun, applying sunscreen to the beach goers. Fab idea!!

There are lots of business that do this. Music festivals are another venue that seems to attract these vehicles, especially for hair services. .. wash and blow dry mainly. There are also plenty of caravans that do this. .. Although filling up a water butt continually would drive me nuts, then a generator for electrics. May be different if you had a fully serviceable pitch. .. but unlikely.

We have a guy that cleans cars mobile. Drives along side in his van, power washes the car, quick wipe down with a leather, collects money and always tells a rude joke! Must be doing ok, he's just been on a Caribbean cruise.

We have a guy that cleans cars mobile. Drives along side in his van, power washes the car, quick wipe down with a leather, collects money and always tells a rude joke! Must be doing ok, he's just been on a Caribbean cruise.

Oh yes its doable. .. We have wheelie bin cleaners that have vans equipped with high pressure hoses. I'm just lazy.

I would love to do this. I can imagine a double decker bus, waxing and massage upstairs :wink2:, nails below.

On one of my trips to Australia, we saw someone on the beach with what looked like a spray tan gun, applying sunscreen to the beach goers. Fab idea!!

Yes ch-ela. We girls could all work together! Can't you just imagine the fun we would have on your double decker bus!:biggrin:

I can imagine something like this where clients can sit on the stools outside in good weather and have their nails done over the little window bar area with the therapists inside.
Then have retail items and eyebrow threading inside too :)

Latest posts

Back