Mobile Treatments to offer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coco27

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just completed my Level 3 Beauty Therapy and would like to go mobile.

Thinking of offering Eye treatments, Waxing, Luxury Facial, Indian Head Massage, Aromatherapy and Body Massage.

I have no particular brand product for facials, as I thought it would be enough to sell this idea as lymphatic drainage, pressure points and massage.

Do you think this is enough? I dont like doing manicures and pedicures.

Would greatly welcome your expert advice, and ideas.:idea:

coco27

Hey hun

In my opinion and im sure some people wouldnt agree. Sometimes its not about what you dont like clients always seem to expect a therapist to have the basics and mani & pedi's are definately standard basics, i mean i would worry that if the client had you for regular facials and waxing but then went somewhere else for there mani & pedi you MAY lose the client due to the client just wanting to attend just one or 2 places/appointments rather than potentially 3 (by 3 i mean for example hair salon, nail salon, and you.)

I mean this wont always happen of course but you will get clients that are tight on time or dont have the means to travel to many different places or time to have 2 different therapist go to them or are just more comfortable having one therapist they trust treating them.

Again this is just my opinion i am interested to see what others think of this.

Can i ask why you dont like doing mani's & pedi's? (other than the fact that yes its a pain carrying everything lol)

I dont really like doing massage its not my favourite treatment at all (i never let my clients know this of course) but my clients always come back and say how amazing they feel after if i just stopped offering them because i didnt like them i would lose quite a lot of my income now im thinking about it.

Congrats on completing your level 3 and good luck with setting up babe x :)

Last edited:
Hi

Its just that I dont like painting nails, especially french manicures.

I was just wondering if there were any other geeks out there who omit manicures and pedicures from their treatments.

Really hate painting nailsa and after two years practicing at college, I am still not very good at it. I really struggle.

Hello

i am a mobile beauty therapist, i agree with mikyla_jay, i am not a lover of waxing but i offer this service as you are going to their home they love the fact that they can get everything done at once and its no hassel to them. i would loose business as alot of my clients get waxing treatments when they book in to get nail enhancement.

by practising these treatments you will get better and more confident in time.

Hayley McDonald
Boutiques Mobile Beauty
Boutiquesmobilebeauty.yolasite.com

Core you actually sound exactly like me. I bit my nails all my life until two weeks before I started my beauty course (thought I'd better stop as would have looked gross turning up with bitten nails!) so nails was the thing I was never into because I'd never had any to paint!

So I've never felt confident in painting. I now work at a spa and I've not helped myself initially while I was there swapping my mani/pedi treatments with other girls but I do offer manicures and pedicures when I work for myself but just really take my time. Also I don't think I've got the best eyesight so if I know I'm going to a client's house at night I take my daylamp because I can't rely on going to a cleint's house and relying on their energy saving ****ebulbs.

With regard to french. I did CIBTAC and they didn't cover that on my course and I have only recently got to grips with it. Tbh that took a while as even some people I talk to who have worked in beauty 15-20 years hate french!

Anyway back to the thread! If I were you I'd offer them but just keep practising and when you come to do them just take your time.

Hi

Its just that I dont like painting nails, especially french manicures.

I was just wondering if there were any other geeks out there who omit manicures and pedicures from their treatments.

Really hate painting nailsa and after two years practicing at college, I am still not very good at it. I really struggle.

Actually though, there is a girl I work with who worked for Clarins when she left college so only ever did facials and massage so where we work now she doesn't do waxing, eye treatments or mani/pedi. She recently started out on her own and seems to be doing okay.

Tks for all your replies.

As you say I'll just have to offer manicures and pedicures.

All other treatments I fine with just the above. Massage was my strongest area as I always got compliments and clients tried to request me again, but as you know at college this was not allowed.
I just though maybe only maybe I could get away without putting manis and pedis on my flyers.

By the way can anyone recommend a good website go get your flyers done.

I really appreciate all your help time you've given in your replies.

coco27

maybe you could build a good client list at first including manis and pedis and when you are on a steady income you could stop offering them if you wanted but by then you will probably be so confident it wont matter anymore. but obviously if you do it this way remember not to over advertise manis n pedis I.e dont do special offers or anything thats going to intice clients just to ask for these treatments spend more time promoting your massage & other treatments. xxx

It sounds like you feel confident in your mani pedi treatments & Im sure the massage side of it is much appreciated by your clients.
Your only problem seems to be enamel application .......

Have you heard of MINX? The hottest alternative to enamel available now :).....Include MINX to your stock if you aren't keen on enamels.
The cost to you is very similar & would more than cover the missing enamel pricing normally included in mani pedi treatments.

A MINX group is available in the GROUPS section in this site ... Lots of great information and pictures.

Latest posts

Back