Mobile - what time do you work until?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinny20

Reaction score
Hi All. I'm planning on setting up as mobile for massage/aromatherapy/reflexology once I've passed my A&P! I currently have another job working 2 days a week which I will keep but my intention for my days off will be to work 9.30-2pm as I have two children. It all depends on when my husband can get home from work as to what hours I will be able to work and this may vary. I just wondered what time you make your last appointment in the evening for? Thanks

My working times vary but the latest I will start a treatment is 7.30 (unless it's a really long treatment/ lots of treatments when I will start earlier) but aim to finish by 9pm at the latest as I start at 9am most days xx

On my long days I usually aim to be finished by 8pm and I start at 9:30am.
At busier times I have squeezed regulars in a little later, for example I did a spray tan for a regular last week at 8:30pm as I couldnt fit her in any earlier and she had made last minute plans for her weekend.

It depends on the Client. If they are a good / regular client I don't mind finishing later for them. If I have nothing else on their money is as good after 9pm as it is before!

A typical day for me is.....I start at 9.15 (after I've dropped my little birds to school) then work til around 2.30/3 in time to pick them up...... I go into mum mode clubs/homework/dinner/bath/bed, other half comes home, I hi-5 him on the way out the door at 7pm & work anywhere between 9.30-10.30 depending on what I have got booked in! My evenings get booked up so quickly & I was doing 3-5 eves a week,I freely admit I was doing too much! I try now to keep it to mon & Tuesday evenings only (it doesn't always work but I try!) in an ideal world I'd love to just work in the day, but working a few late evenings in this trade is par for the course! You have to accommodate a little, when your reliant on clients money!

I've gotten into a routine of shooting out as soon as hubby comes in from work too!!!
I literally work every weeknight from 7pm to 11pm!!! Sometimes even later depending on the client...
I've got 2 little boys, one at school, one still a baby. So this means I don't miss out on anything as they are asleep and I can justify not working weekends as I've earned enough during the week. It's tiring but it works for us...
Other benefits are less traffic in the evening, pretty much always find parking and more importantly, no chance I can get into slob mode and pig out in front of the telly like I used to every evening!!!

I'm just starting mobile too: doing massage, shellac, facials and pedicures and hopefully soon meditation and mindfulness coaching.
I currently work until 3.30 in a school Monday to Friday then do evening appointments on Mondays, Tuesday's and Wednesday's and sometimes Friday plus which ever weekend day my kids are with their dad.
Childcare is a problem as I'm a single mum. I would love this to be my full time job but need the security of a regular income. I can work more in school holidays when I'm off too and am hoping to find a job with fewer hours after the summer hols as my current contract will end then xxx

I work quite late sometimes - it all depends...latest I have finished is midnight! Most nights I am done by 10pm though xxx

This is really interesting, we're making an app that specializes in late / last minute hair appointments, as we found a lot of people wanted appointments outside of 'normal' hairdresser / barbershop hours!

Do you charge more for later appointments?

No I don't charge more x

No i don't charge more the hours come with the profession! I charge more for Sundays though.

I work 9-9 tues-thurs. 9-5 friday 9-4 sat typically but could work late every night of the week if i wanted to x

I normally work until 8pm but this evening for instance I'm working until 9pm, one night next week I'm working until 9.30pm. It can be long tiring days but doing it this way allows me to only work 3 days and have the rest of the time with my children. Xx

No i don't charge more the hours come with the profession! I charge more for Sundays though.

I work 9-9 tues-thurs. 9-5 friday 9-4 sat typically but could work late every night of the week if i wanted to x

When you say you charge more, how do you factor the extra cost into the price? Is it just an additional charge on top? X

When you say you charge more, how do you factor the extra cost into the price? Is it just an additional charge on top? X

I only work Sundays for weddings or other special occasions, so I charge time and a half on whatever the normal price would be x

I work 8am and it could run it to late at night with clients booked back to back. I have stopped doing wedding hair though and have knocked weekends on the head. Want to be at home more now

I work 10am to 9pm monday to Thursday. On Fridays I offer late night appointments from 9pm to midnight at an additional cost of £10. It's perfect for those who need last minute pampering before a night out. Weekends I do 10am to 5pm. I'm not crazy busy but when I do get busy I may cut the hours done as it could become too much xx

I work mon-fri 9-3 at clients homes. I pick my kids up after school and then any evening appointments are done at my house. My weeks vary, I might do 4/5 evenings or none, just depends. I have recently given up Saturdays as we bought a caravan and I was basically knackered all the time. I started mobile about 5 yrs ago and it quickly spiralled out of control and I was inundated which isn't what i wanted! I slowly but surely cut my hours and now I have a small group of repeat customers who fit in with me. I will be flexible and do odd appointments on Sundays and bank holidays etc. Luckily it's not often. I'm 47 so am not wanting to set the world on fire, part time suits me and my ladies fine. I consider myself extremely lucky to have achieved this position...although I think I deserve it after 23 yrs in the salon, sweating every Saturday all day...can't say I miss that!!!!

Thanks for all your replies . You lot are proper grafters x x

Latest posts

Back