Model calls/starting out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgieee17

Reaction score
[emoji112] hi all! Me again lol.
When starting out and using the power of social media, how would you phrase as such to get people to get a treatment for your portfolio. For me specifically hair extensions is the service I’ll be offering so obviously can’t just do it for free. Would doing 5-10 fittings for just the price of the hair be ok ?

I would absolutely do it for “cost price” or a reduced cost - you could also offer people discount on follow up appointments if they allow you to use their images for your portfolio.
Personally most of my clients see it as a compliment if I ask to use their images on my page - it means their hair looks epic!

Do you need these fittings to pass a course, or simply to gain images for your portfolio? If it’s the latter, I would only discount, rather than offer them for just cost price. And just push how great the hair/method is, and how much of a good deal it is.

I would absolutely do it for “cost price” or a reduced cost - you could also offer people discount on follow up appointments if they allow you to use their images for your portfolio.
Personally most of my clients see it as a compliment if I ask to use their images on my page - it means their hair looks epic!

Do you need these fittings to pass a course, or simply to gain images for your portfolio? If it’s the latter, I would only discount, rather than offer them for just cost price. And just push how great the hair/method is, and how much of a good deal it is.

Thanks for the reply [emoji5]
I am wanting to gain images for my portfolio.
That’s a really good idea on the follow up appointments , think I’ll definitely do that.

Thank you xx

This is a hard one for me really because I see so many ‘portfolio posts’ - when there isn’t really a portfolio if that make sense. Then when you look at pages people have advertised for 5 portfolio models then they have 5 pics - personally I wouldn’t be looking to book someone in this situation.

Could you find models by asking friends and not advertise it? That way it’s not on your page?

Cost price or not people will allow you to use pictures, all my clients are my models and have pics.

Maybe ask on your personal FB and keep your business looking like your actively doing work if that makes sense

This is a hard one for me really because I see so many ‘portfolio posts’ - when there isn’t really a portfolio if that make sense. Then when you look at pages people have advertised for 5 portfolio models then they have 5 pics - personally I wouldn’t be looking to book someone in this situation.

Could you find models by asking friends and not advertise it? That way it’s not on your page?

Cost price or not people will allow you to use pictures, all my clients are my models and have pics.

Maybe ask on your personal FB and keep your business looking like your actively doing work if that makes sense

Thanks for replying. Yeah that’s good advice. I haven’t got a fb page yet, I also do lash lifts and haven’t really found the need to have a page yet but will be setting one up xx

Latest posts

Back