Mohawk braid

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiereid92

Reaction score
Hi guys #nightmare in tomorow

Need help with hair up, client has super straight Asian hair wants mohawk Braid.

Watched a few YouTube video, does anyone have any special tips?

Thanks in advance... this is stopping me from sleeping :(

Attachments

• 1480122410659.jpg
    1480122410659.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 142
Well if it isn't too late.. if your clients hair will curl at all, I would put some kind of curl into it just so the little hairs that might poke out of the braid wont be super straight, use a light pomade that isn't too sticky so you can control the fly-aways and keep your sections clean. Id suggest to wash and dry your hands so they are free of product before you pull the braid out more to give it that fat look, without having hairs stick to the product that might be on your hands or accidentally pulling it out too much
And for the bump at the top of the braid, I would personally back comb that and pin that into place and then do the braid from there so you don't end up pulling it down flat and then having to try and get body out of it after .. hope that makes sense and helps!

Have you got any crimping irons!!!!
Trust me, it works;)

Thanks for your replies, didn't see these till after wards, next time I will try that michaela, backcoming the front leaving it out of the braid.

This is my version

Attachments

• 1480639879031.jpg
    1480639879031.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 110
Looks like you nailed it! Hope the client was pleased?

Thanks for your replies, didn't see these till after wards, next time I will try that michaela, backcoming the front leaving it out of the braid.

This is my version
You did an awesome job!!

Thanks guys, yeah she loved it :)

Latest posts

Back