Mole removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lec

Reaction score
Hi, just wondered if anyone has had a mole removed?
Told today by docs I need to, only because they think looks kinda wierd and although nothing wrong with it yet they would rather its gone. Docs said would be done by either being frozen off or being shaved off!!EEEEEK :eek:
Just wondered what either of them felt like as not sure yet which way will be done. It really gives me the shivers at the thought I must admit :irked:
Does it leave a scar?

Thanks geeking gals and boys XXX:hug:

I had one removed from a very personal area! :eek: It was a small operation while I was awake. There was no pain and one little stitch that dissolved soon after.

I also had a few frozen off from my neck. It was done in the doctors surgery. Dr had an aerosol can that he sprayed it with. It gets very very cold and falls off the day after. Again there was no pain and I have no scars.

Hope yours is sorted as easy as mine was.

I've had 3 removed all in one sitting by my GP.
Nurse gave me a local, 3 jabs close to moles and then doctor used what looked like a pen and burnt them off.

I didnt feel a thing, in and out within 20 minutes.
Slight scarring on one but not obvious.

Thanks Jane. Pleased yours worked out ok.x
Mines behind my knee right on I think my tendon, which is why makes me squirm the thought of it being jabbed at!!
My doctor is going to remove it so only minor thing and I will be awake too.

Thanks bubba binks..
Have to say feeling a whole lot better bout it now! Thankyou allXXX

i had a huge mole removed from top of the inside of my thigh, when i was 13/14, had it done in clinic by school, took 10 mins and went back to school that afternoon (cruel mum lol) no seriously i remember it bled a tiny bit, but thats because it was cut out a litle to remove the roots, i had one little stictch in and now i cant even remember which leg it was on, cos no scar etc

good luck hun

nicky x

i had a large mole removed 2 years ago from just near my right armpit, it had been there years and had started to change so doc wanted to remove it asap, i had it done at thedoctors with local anisthetic, took about 15 minutes to do and all i felt was a tickle, i had to have it cut out as the root went through all the layrs of my skin so had 8 stitches, it heeled quickley, i do have a scar but it was worth it for peace of mind

you will be fine hun:hug:

Have had a few removed under local anaesthetic. It doesn't hurt, and will hopefully only leave you with a tiny scar, which fades in time anyway.

I totally understand your being apprehensive, it's only natural.

Feel free to PM me if you wish.

Hi, just wondered if anyone has had a mole removed?
Told today by docs I need to, only because they think looks kinda wierd and although nothing wrong with it yet they would rather its gone. Docs said would be done by either being frozen off or being shaved off!!EEEEEK :eek:
Just wondered what either of them felt like as not sure yet which way will be done. It really gives me the shivers at the thought I must admit :irked:
Does it leave a scar?

Thanks geeking gals and boys XXX:hug:

My eldest daughter(15) has just has a rather large mole removed in her armpit. She had trouble shaving and it was catching on her clothes, not to mention that the other charmin little girls were taking the pee out of her.

the doc was going to freeze it off but when we arrived at the surgery he didn't have the stuff to do it so he gave her a choice....

1, tie a piece of string around it and let it fall off, this way the blood circulation has stopped and it just dies.

2, have an injection in her armpit, then he would shave it off and then it is quarterised (sp), she close the latter and now has a tiny scar.

She said the worst bit was the injection, there was hardly any blood whatsoever, she was very brave.

It took about 10 minutes in all, consultation and everything, I really wouldn't worry about it, my daughter can be a real wooss at times and she dealt with it no probs at all and very maturely.

Go for it, you'll be fine.

Teri x:hug:

Thankyou to you all for letting me know your experience.
Oooooh do they let you keep the mole!!!LOL just kidding.. I'm not gross really..Honest I'm not!!LOL

Hi - I had a mole removed on my neck/shoulder a few yrs ago. Had it done at private hospital but was only in for a few hrs. They gave me a local anaesthetic and i had my mole cut out and then 3 stitches (it's roots were quite deep!)

The only pain I had was when the anaesthetic was wearing off later it ached a bit. Went back a few weeks later for stiches out. I have a tiny scar but you can barely see it now.

I have photos if you want to see! Lol, i'm sick i know!!

Thankyou to you all for letting me know your experience.
Oooooh do they let you keep the mole!!!LOL just kidding.. I'm not gross really..Honest I'm not!!LOL

Ah! Sorry, they normally send it off for tests. xx

Ah! Sorry, they normally send it off for tests. xx

yeh - turned out mine was working for the government (mole......get it?!?.....i really need to get out more :o)

yeh - turned out mine was working for the government (mole......get it?!?.....i really need to get out more :o)

Oooooo! There the worst kind them secret moles.:lol:

I had a mole cut out from the centre of my back just under my bra strap. They numbed it and stitched it. All fine.

Went back for stitches out no problem. Got home and went to the loo for a wee. Bent down to pull my pants up and my wound split. YUK!!!

Ended up going twice a week for dressing and now have scar size of 50p.

No ones fault just not enough loose skin on my back to stitch sucessfully.

At least I can be identified now!!! ha ha!!!

I had a mole removed about 18 months ago on my inner thigh.

I had it done at the local hospital because the doctor was unsure what it was. I had local anasthetic and 12 stitches. I could feel the doctor tugging around and my mum said it was disgusting to watch. Mine was cancerous so I had to go back and have it all done again to make sure they'd got it all.

This time by the time I got home my stiches had burst so I had to go back and have it fixed, I have a big ugly scar on my leg and a biig dint in my leg which I'm really paranoid about.

Haven't worn a short skirt or tskinny jeans in 18 months. My mum got me some bio oil which is helping to fade it.

Good Luck with everything hun and if you need to talk to anyone let me no xxxxx

I had one removed from my cheekbone just beneath my eye two years ago. I always had hated it and as I got older it started being a bit hairy on and off. On a visit to the doctor I mentioned it was itchy so she had a look, said she thought there was nothing wrong but as it wasn't very nice she'd refer me. A week later I had a local and it was cut out. I had two little stitches and now there is hardly even a scar. I had worried about that given where it was but its almost completely invisible :hug:

A couple of years ago I got my doctor to remove a couple of moles from my back and he decided to freeze them off. It was a funny feeling and they went black for a couple of weeks but never really went I would say they look like they have come back. So try and go for the other option they are giving you as I think freezing them is a waste of time.

I had three frozen off at the doctors..... aaarrrggghhhh it hurt for weeks.

I had to go back to the doctors the next day because my skin had blistard
and he had to dress them all every other day because they were weeping
(yuk) and two of them were on my hands and i worked in a bakery.
I did want one on my chin removing but could'nt take the pain of it being
frozen,good job imagine having a blister the size of of a 2p on your chin.
In the end i went private (northampton) it cost 45 quid but worth it.I think they burnt it off with a laser and i had a little scab like a spot for a week.

With the doctors he said he had over done the freezing of my moles and said i had sensative skin.Thank god he's retired now and i've moved away.

Rachel.

I had a mole removed from my collar bone about a month ago. The whole procedure was painless apart from the injection to numb the area but that was over quickly.

Had two small stitches. No problems with removing those. Now have a very small scar.

I would say that if it needs to come off then go for it!

Latest posts

Back