Monday openings!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nu_yu

Reaction score
Hey do you open on a Monday? And if so are you busy? What kind of clientele does a Monday attract? Xx

Hi, when i first opened my salon (in may) i opened on a monday as i thought i might get the clients other salons lose by closing on mondays, but i can honestly say it was a total waste of time, the most i got was a couple of phone call bookings, which i would have still got if i had my call divert on lol. I dont open on mondays now as its not worth it. hth :)

Occasionally it would be really busy but generally quite slack.

Jacqui xx

Hi it all depends on your area, we open Mondays and are busy xxx

When we opened a couple of years ago we opened on a Monday but to be honest never picked up so didn't carry on. However, I would open if the rest of the week was completely full.

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Usually only bank holidays tend to be busy. You could be missing a few appointments if u take these off. X

We always open Monday 9-6, not full staff, just myself, another stylist and Junior, and I am always busy and other stylist about 75% - I find most of my Monday clients like it cos its quieter than the rest of week when full staff in or come in cos it's their day off.
We have always opened Monday and once people know they will come in.
I think part of opening Monday is making sure people know, some still assume all salons close on Mondays. x

Hi, we open on a monday, I have an aesthetic and beauty clinic. Laser and injectables are busy on a monday, beauty we do any offers, tests etc in beauty on mondays so I guess due to this it's our best day, nails are full all the time without discount but most demand would be for thurs-sat. Our cambridge diet consultant is always mobbed on a monday it's her best day!

I've only been opening on Mondays for the past 6 months - one of my very loyal clients (my sister:D) changed her day off so I opened to accomodate her and obviously offered Monday appointments to all clients, since then I have found it to be busier than Tuesdays!
Once clients know a Monday appointment is available they snap it up as it frees up the rest of their week.

HTH
Claire

We have always opened on a Monday in one of our salons and it is busier than a Tue and Wed

Last edited:
We open on a monday,always busy,myself and one other member of staff,at first it was slow...say 3months...then when word got around!!phone very busy clients wishing to get appts for tues/wed/thurs...some clients(new)would ring other salons when we closed monday!!worth opening even just answer phone and to do cleaning.
My salon has been open 11yrs...always open on monday,dont forget you have to pay staff bank holidays if in your contract...thats why i do a monday!!! give it a go,good luck.

Latest posts

Back