More than 1 child?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ltongue

Reaction score
Hi eveyone, I was just wondering whats it like with more than 1 child. At the moment we have a lovely 3yr old daughter who is so easy going,hardly ever naughty and basically our angel. I know all children are differant so often think if we have another will it be the opposite and will life be really difficult with 2. What are your experiences? was it hard going from 1 to 2 children?

i have 3 boys:irked: ....i shall leave it at that....lol (dont want to put you off)

keith was from my first marrage and he was an only child untill he was five, so Karl didn't make an impact on him, he wasn't a play mate, age gap was to big. Kay came along 23 months later and now thay are 17 and 19 they are still close. I wish they could have all been born close together because when they are not you offten find they dont become friends untill they are adult. Karl and Kay are now friends with their oldest brother Adam, he is my step son and he is now 31. But they have no contact with keith so can't say how that would have gone. Karl and kay, apart very quiet, have to check rooms to see if they are home, together,:eek: a small riot, wouldn't have them any other way.

my first boy was/is a nightmare and my 2nd boy was much more laid back, i have a 18mts age gap between my two but i was definatly glad i had the harder one first.

I have four children 10,6,5 2. They have there moments where they get on each others nerves but thy are so close, I always have people comment on how well behaved they are, I have never really had any problems but I am so layed back I think that rubs off on them. I would love more but my hubby said no as I lost the last two and it hit hard.
They are all so diffrent 3boys and one girl. I find my boys just get on with things and my girl is an angel that never shuts up unless she is asleep.

ok now they are in bed i can give a better view....lol
my eldest joe...very highly strung
ashley my middle boy...laid back until pushed
paul my youngest...doesnt half play on the fact he is the baby...he is very highly strung too and totally clashes with joe they are allways fighting and arguing.
i think if you have two with the same personalties such as joe and paul...then its a constant battle ground...but if you where to have another who is highly strung and a quieter one they seem to get on together better...as there is no fight for supremisey....

Hi

I have 2 kids a 6 year old girl and 20 month old boy.

Mollie was also an angel at 3, but started to get jealous of the new baby even before he was born. She is a very clever girl and I'm afraid she's getting really cheeky and rude to me and her dad, having said that it does not matter where we take her, she's well behaved and polite, and people always comment on it, so we must be doing something right, it's just at home she's naughty and a crys at the drop of a hat about everything, though she's jealous of Harvey she takes it out on Me and her dad, and dotes on him!!

Harvey is a rouge, never, never, still even when he's asleep, still wakes up like a newborn every night but he's a delight to, and a real mummys boy up until recentley he did not even like been left with his dad, and I had a really hard time settling him in nursery.

Harvey is really hard work, I don't whether it's boys or second children but he's 200% harder than Mollie ever was.

Me and my husband have a lot of fun with our kids, we just did not realize how hard 2 can be, but if they were like Mollie was as a toddler life would be much easier.

I would not change either of them for world though!!!!:hug:

My first child, a son, Jesse, is a good kid, although a bit highly strung! He was 5 when daughter Millie came along. He was great with her when she was tiny, but when she started to do things, he found her difficult! Not because shes a terror, as shes the opposite, a little darling, but just because he was used to having his own stuff, untouched etc. Now they are 4 and 9, and although they love each other, and miss each other if they are apart, when together they try and kill each other im sure!

Your life changes completely when you have 1 child, having another will only alter it a little, and i personally feel its good for kids to have at least 1 sibling.
Thats my honest, and personal opinion. x

ltongue said:
Hi eveyone, I was just wondering whats it like with more than 1 child. At the moment we have a lovely 3yr old daughter who is so easy going,hardly ever naughty and basically our angel. I know all children are differant so often think if we have another will it be the opposite and will life be really difficult with 2. What are your experiences? was it hard going from 1 to 2 children?

I thought long and hard about having 2 kids. My first son was a very very well behaved child (and still is really) so I did have reservations about having another child as I was worried it might not be as easy as it was with my first son. But, well, nature did her thing and I found myself pregnant, and the rest is history, I have 2 sons (9 and 4) who are very different. The second one is and continues to be very different to my first son, much harder work, but such a cutey and now, I wouldn't change a thing even though at times I have wanted to pull my hair out when they are fighting and arguing!! I grew up with 3 siblings and it was great and we all get on so well now. So I think yes it is pretty hard when they are little and have very different personalities that you need to adapt to, but I'm really glad I have my bros and sister and that I didn't grow up on my own! Ohh, no I better be quiet I'm starting to make myself feel broody now....noooo...!!

Latest posts

Back