Morgan Taylor polishes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I've just seen the email from louella belle with the neon brights collection and thought they look amazing.
Anyone use this brand- how do you find the polishes for coverage and longevity?

I use vinylux at the moment but I find the collection very drab and dull with loads of reds and pinks. Looking for another brand....

I'd love to find this out too because I've recently got a flyer from Salon Services and they're advertising them along side Gelish as though they are matching the colours like vinylux with shellac xx

Hazeleyes, after meeting up with you and Chickafish last time, Morgan Taylor is now my new obsession.

I bought a few from Sally's on VAT free day and today I called Louella Belle to sort out an account after seeing the neon range as it looks gorgeous! And much nicer than the newly released OPI neons.

As you know I'm a Vinylux girl, but we know CND have no intentions of releasing neons due to restrictions in the US/manufacturers and not all clients want the faffing around of extra pigment powders etc. So I thought it's time for me to look at other brands for more of the on trend colours.

I'll let you know how I get on x

Oh please do mummycat
I'm thinking if investing in these neons too!

I'd love to know their coverage and what base coat do we need to use!

I'd love to find this out too because I've recently got a flyer from Salon Services and they're advertising them along side Gelish as though they are matching the colours like vinylux with shellac xx

Oh really?
So it will be gelish paired with Morgan Taylor?

Yes Morgan Taylor have a few colour matches to Gelish (and I think ACG) so I was told by someone at LB :) XxX

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

These are the matching Morgan Taylor/Gelish colours (there are a few more that aren't on this picture...such as the specific ones advertised at Sally's)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403561834.326653.jpg

Oh please do mummycat
I'm thinking if investing in these neons too!

I'd love to know their coverage and what base coat do we need to use!

So far I'm loving the colours that I've bought, they apply beautifully and cover really well. And they do a few different base coats, but for the moment I've been using my OPI base coat and Vinylux top coat. (I get a weeks wear using the Vinylux top coat!)

Also if you're looking for a new neon range, Essie have just launched one too! (Also on LB!)

So far I'm loving the colours that I've bought, they apply beautifully and cover really well. And they do a few different base coats, but for the moment I've been using my OPI base coat and Vinylux top coat. (I get a weeks wear using the Vinylux top coat!)

Also if you're looking for a new neon range, Essie have just launched one too! (Also on LB!)

I find essie a pain to apply though.
I'm not used to having to apply a base coat- someone suggested lumous.
I think I would still like to use vinylux topcoat so it's good that you get a weeks wear with it.

I think I'm sold- I'm fed up on the lack of brights with vinylux the colours are so boring. There are a few good ones but my display is very samey! I am definitely buying the new collection and on the next VAT free day I'm going to buy a few more!

I almost wish I used gelish right now....

Does the vinylux top coat work over any brand of nail polish?

Does the vinylux top coat work over any brand of nail polish?

yes it does.. i use it occassionally when the clients bring their own polish or something... it lasts just as long. i'm convinced its the top coat which is amazing when it comes to VL rather than the colours themselves!

yes it does.. i use it occassionally when the clients bring their own polish or something... it lasts just as long. i'm convinced its the top coat which is amazing when it comes to VL rather than the colours themselves!

I will try it as I'm short of lumos now, I just worry it looks unprofessional using three different brands of polish as I use lumos base and opi or zoya.

I really don't like vinylux, hate not using a base coat, I think the polishes look cheap when applied :sad:

Just spoke to Louella Belle and the neon collection is released until July...not sure why they're available to purchase now :/

Yes I'm of the same opinion re the top coat. I use it over other brands and it they last ages. Hot pop pink Vinylux stained my nails hideously and it's put me off!

I use morgan Taylor and I love it xx I use their base and and long lasting top coat and get a weeks wear (if I wear my gloves for cleaning ) xxx

I use Morgan Taylor in my salon and I and my clients love it I had a client who had Morgan Taylor on her toes she didn't come back for two months and there was not one chip they had grown out like a gel #serenebeautytherapy

I find MT takes a long time to dry. Originally I thought they were really good but then noticed that the second coat sometimes removed the first coat. Their colour selection is great and it was really nice to try a new polish but I won't be buying them again.
It's always nice to see them all neatly set out at Sally's salon services.
I do like their top coat!!😍

The neons are out now! I ordered them patiently awaiting delivery!

Smuff there must be a technique to painting with them- rather like vinylux I had to work out how to use it. Maybe I will have a play around with MT. I've got one- a dark colour which I trialled and it dried fast but I reckon some of the creamier colours maybe difficult.
The colours were amazing when I looked on louella belle website I just found so many I liked!

I'm finding my clients don't really like many of my vinylux polishes it's a bit embarrassing as I have about 40! But the same 10 get used week after week! They all seen to be variations of red and purple! Also it does stain the nails terribly at times!

Does the MT dry in same time as Vinylux if you use their top coat? I love some of the MT colours but my clients really love the 8 1/2 minute dry time of Vinylux.

Does the MT dry in same time as Vinylux if you use their top coat? I love some of the MT colours but my clients really love the 8 1/2 minute dry time of Vinylux.

I reckon it does- I will trial and let you know!

I think mummy cat has tried it though?

Latest posts

Back