Moroccan oil and extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIGHT OWL

Reaction score
Hi have been applying my clients hair extensions for over ten years, she has 75 strands of Great Lengths extensions.
Yesterday she came for her maintenance (6 to 8 wks), and had lost around half of her extensions, this has never happened before she normally loses about 10 to 15 strands at the very most over a period of 4 months.
The extensions have all slid out.
They all appear to have been sealed correctly both ends.
There is no discolouration to the bonds. Actually they all look fine other than they are no longer on my clients head.
She has always used the same shampoo and conditioner for years.
The only thing she had done different after this application is to use Moroccan oil, and their shampoo and conditioner.
She has not put the oil or conditioner near her bonds.
I know some hair extension companies recommend M.O for their extensions but I have no experience with this product, other than knowing it has a good reputation.
I will say her hair looked in excellent condition but almost felt ‘coated’.
Has anybody any suggestions x

hmmm not a massive fan of the MO shamp and cond but i love the oil on my extensions. I dont think the shamp and cond is sulohate free, and therefore not really suitable for all extensions. It sounds to me like she has got the oil on her bonds accidently, so they have slipped out. Also, 10-15 bonds is a lot to loose normally anyway....I would be reccommending she uses something from the Pureology range as a shampoo and conditioner. Pricey but amazing on extensions xxxx

hmmm not a massive fan of the MO shamp and cond but i love the oil on my extensions. I dont think the shamp and cond is sulohate free, and therefore not really suitable for all extensions. It sounds to me like she has got the oil on her bonds accidently, so they have slipped out. Also, 10-15 bonds is a lot to loose normally anyway....I would be reccommending she uses something from the Pureology range as a shampoo and conditioner. Pricey but amazing on extensions xxxx

Hi JoJo, thank you for your reply, will have a look at the Pureology range..I am wondering if somehow the oil has got into her bonds when she puts her hair up..the 10 to 15 bonds are the maximum she has ever lost and thats after 4 months and mostly due to squashing them with her straighteners :lol:

Morrocan oil is sulphate free hun x

The oil is in the shampoo....

I thought the m/o shamp + con was sulphite free! X

Sulphate even! Lol x

In my own experience the shampoo and conditioner seenm to break down the bonds , however I tent to used a clarifying shampoo, followed by MO conditioner on mid & ends then ample of the oil when its damp ( mids and ends again) then small amont to seal ends when dried. Keeps them lowly for months with out breaking down bonds

Sorry for awful spelling in previous reply.....Its late ha

Well the key is in the name really? Moroccan OIL? Oil will help to break down bonds and should never be applied straight to bonds. I don't like their shampoos for extensions. The oil is good for the ends though.

I thought the m/o shamp + con was sulphite free! X

Oh, I thought when they first brought it out it wasnt sulphate free.....but maybe it is now. Id better keep up to date with these things! :smack: x

Thanks for your reply's..xx

Latest posts

Back