Moving back in with parents, do I go mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather Morton

Reaction score
Hi all!

My partner and I will be selling our house in the New Year (around January or February hopefully) but our new house will not be ready until August so we're moving back into my parents house for a few months.

I currently do nails and lashes from my spare room and have everything set up perfectly. I have been pretty against going mobile from the start as I would have sooooo much stuff to carry for nails alone never mind chairs, a table, or my beauty couch for lashes! However there is no spare room at my mum's, my set up would have to be in my bedroom.

I thought about maybe renting a room somewhere but as I work full time I tend to just squeeze my clients in when I can and not sure if it would be worth anyone's time to hire a room!

So long story short, is it naf to offer nail/lash treatments from my bedroom? Has anyone been in a similar situation? Should I stop being lazy and go mobile? [emoji23]

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

As a nail tech with a home salon, I personally wouldn't want to do services from my bedroom, it's too personal and as a customer I would feel I was intruding and be awkward. Just my opinion though. If renting a treatment room for a few months is not an option for you, then I would suggest looking into going mobile.

I think you may be right, especially as we'll be pretty much living out this 1 room! [emoji85] Will need to accept that mobile is my best option and find the most lightweight of everything! And pray that August flies in! [emoji23]

Latest posts

Back