Moving to London at 30?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andria su

Reaction score
Hello all
So, I feel I am having a mid life crisis. Maybe a bit dramatic. Does anyone have any advice or moved to London as I am wanting a new start, with more opportunities and adventure but feeling a little apprehensive any advice or experience? I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I am watching the qvc beauty
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1430002995.170742.jpg
❤️love it..Saturday night chilling

Um, I haven't "moved to London" but I don't live far from it, and work in London too. Depends on what you want to know? What opportunities do you want and what kinds of adventure. Do you want to live in the heart of London or somewhere that's an easy commute, as the places closest to London on the outskirts aren't always the nicest xxx

Hi Carly

Thank you for the message. I guess, I feel I need to step out of my comfort zone and see what London has to offer. I just wanted to see if anyone had moved, not knowing anyone, as I know London has millions of people yet can feel like the loneliest place ever. Do you work in beauty? Have you always lived close and worked in London. :) Andrea

London is Fab. My husband lived there when we first met. We now live about an hour away.
London has so much to offer, and so much variety. You can find pretty much everything and anything somewhere in London.
I say go for it, you only live once! Xx

Thank you k Anne, I love the positivity I think I should just go for it. X

I left Norfolk in 1988 at 18 yrs old from a tiny village by myself and went to luton, (couldn't.afford London then) ended up staying there for 10 yrs. Spent every weekend in London as it was only 30 mins or.so away down the motorway.

You soon make friends - it was the best thing I did back then, made mentally stronger, 'm back home Again now and never regret any of it

Thank you khs, it's nice to hear you never regretted it and it made you stronger. I feel, I need to become mentally stronger and grow as a person.

Thank you, I appreciate the support and advice x

Thank you k Anne, I love the positivity I think I should just go for it. X

And I am sure if you feel lonely there are loads of us lovely geeks in and around London who would do coffee..

How about getting a taster of London first? You can hire flats on Airbnb (or similar) for a week and live like a normal non tourist. Do a food shop, drink at a bar etc. Really get a feel for the place. Xx

I would love to meet up with people in and around London for coffee or wine will keep all posted on how things go.

Thanks again for giving me some positivity it's just what I need x

I'm from East London/Essex and my advice is to save lots of money before you consider a move. It really is ridiculously expensive even where I live (the cheapest bit!).

You'll have absolutely no problems finding new friends etc but personally, I would try signing up to a website like Meetup that will have details of all sort of groups you can join where you are to broaden your horizons without going bankrupt first x

Oh yes.. I know it is. Then again living in general is expensive more so London though I agree

I will make new friends, work wise and I do know a few people so it's not so bad. But thanks for your advice belle vie. I will have a look at some sites x

I will make new friends, work wise and I do know a few people so it's not so bad. But thanks for your advice belle vie. I will have a look at some sites x

Awww Good Luck :) id honestly bite the bullet and go for it, life is what you make it and if you feel like this is the right move for you then do it. It doesn't have to be forever, if you get there and don't enjoy it no harm done there will always be options.

The world is your oyster, Live it, love it and never regret a thing xxxxx

Very true. I am going for it

Thanks bing fairy. I hope you've had a good day x

Hiya, whoops sorry, I completely forgot about this thread until today. I have lived near London my whole life, and no I don't work in beauty anymore I work as a secretary for a law firm. It's good though, and there are always after-work drinks, especially in the City! Always something to do. Do you know what area you would like to move to? x

Hi Carly

No worries, I am sure you have had a busy week. I see, what made you decide that beauty was not the career for you and if you don't mind me asking how old you were when you change your profession? I am looking to head south west or south somewhere. I mean, I'm not looking to live anywhere spectacular as I know London is very expensive, but as long as it's a fairly decent area I will be happy I can then move up.x

Heya. I worked as a secretary before I decided to go into beauty and trained in beauty on the weekend. I worked as a beauty therapist in a salon for a year from the age of 23, then I decided to go back to work in an office and do nails from, which is what I continue to do. Unfortunately beauty is not the best paid industry as you probably know, even in London (unless you work for yourself I guess). Oh cool, I am more from the South East, but it's classed as "Kent", literally 30 mins on the train to the City :) would you be doing beauty in London or decide on a career change? xx

Hello all
So, I feel I am having a mid life crisis. Maybe a bit dramatic. Does anyone have any advice or moved to London as I am wanting a new start, with more opportunities and adventure but feeling a little apprehensive any advice or experience? I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I am watching the qvc beauty View attachment 187028❤️love it..Saturday night chilling

I moved to London Three years ago from the Midlands, for our industry there are plenty of opportunities which is the reason I came up here in the first place. Feel free to private message me if I can help you in any way I would be happy to assist.

Take care for now

Aisha

Latest posts

Back