Moving!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:!: This question might be a bit strange, but I wondered if anyone could help!

I'm relocating in a few months time to South Africa and wanted to know if I could take all my liquid monomer with me. Problem is I can't pack it in the container with all our house stuff as its classed as flammable. Don't think I can take it on the plane with me for the same reasons.

Can someone suggest something or do I have to get rid of all my stock and start again when I get there?

Hope one of you jet setting nail tech's could help with this one.:lol:

Thanks

I am positively sure you can buy your monomer out there. I have travelled to lots of countries South Africa included with all my cesars products in a case that is shrink wrapped and when I have checked in they have sent me to another baggage place where they put it through and x ray it . I have never come across a problem.

Maybe you should check with the airline.

Where are you going in south Africa we loved Durban :cool:

Hi,

Thanks for the help, I'll contact the airline.

I'm going to live in the North West Province (by Botswana), miles from anywhere. Its a big farming community and all the women are into nails and beauty so thats great.

I've visited Durban, Cape Town and most of South Africa and all the places are excellent, highly reccommended.

Thanks again!:lol:

Motlhose nails said:
:!: This question might be a bit strange, but I wondered if anyone could help!

I'm relocating in a few months time to South Africa and wanted to know if I could take all my liquid monomer with me. Problem is I can't pack it in the container with all our house stuff as its classed as flammable. Don't think I can take it on the plane with me for the same reasons.

Can someone suggest something or do I have to get rid of all my stock and start again when I get there?

Hope one of you jet setting nail tech's could help with this one.:lol:

Thanks

Hi there,

First of all you lucky thing, moving over there it is a fabulous country!

I visited the Western Cape in December last, but discovered that there is a Creative distributor in Pretoria which I think would be nearer to where you are moving. If you go to www.creative4pros.com and look up international distributors you can get the contact details.

Personally, I wouldn't risk taking monomer onto a flight, but check with the powers that be, which will confirm things for you.

Have lots of fun, I'd say there will be a big boom in the Nail Industry there in the next few years!

Creatively,

Emer

Hi Just read your thread Great News hope you love your new life
I am also relocating to south Africa a place called scotsburgh on the Indian Oceas just down from Durban. and Ive been researching products and things available over there - Professional Beauty are having a show in Jo'burg Log on to there site and see what I mean - they also give print out of all manufacturers with stands - you may find that your supplier is there.

beast wishes with your new adventure

catherine

Sorry I can't answer your question :cry: but just wanted to wish you and Catherine all the very best for your future success as techies in South Africa :wink2:

Latest posts

Back