Mulberry hair colour help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1981

Reaction score
Hi geeks can anyone suggest a colour formula for my client she is a base 6 with 1/2 inch regrowth & the rest of the hair is quite warm (like a 6:73) she has a little grown out ombré which is a warm 7/8. I'm hoping to take her to a 55/65, colour touch & 1.9 ,I was thinking to add a couple of inches of 0/68 special mix in Wella to achieve this as an all over glossing. I hoping that it picks up more violet on the ends.. Never used special mix & any ideas would be grateful guys! X
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1467191338.853728.jpg

You might not get a reply until evening as everyone's probably busy.
Hopefully @cassies97 will pop along to advise as she's one of our regular contributors and a Wella expert.

I only dabble with Wella and generally use direct dyes for clients wanting purple hues.

The picture reflects a lot of cool blue-ish tones. They're tricky to get right as it can so easily slip towards green. (On a Yellow base). Will the colour suit your clients skin tone or does it need more warmth in it (red)?

I was thinking using the 55/65 colour touch & mabe a spot of 0/68. My lady is quite pale skinned so mabe I should stick with the red to warm her up.

If she's quite pale I'd definitely go for more of a red than a cool colour. I think that would look lovely, it's one of my favourite colours from wella! The mix tone will definitely make it more vibrant, and I'd go for the 0/68 like you suggested to make it more plummy.

Find out if she prefers silver coloured or gold coloured jewellery around her face/neck.
If silver then go for cool blue shades. If she suits gold, then warmer red tones are best.

The picture to me looks like a 55/66 root into 55/65+0/65 at the ends!

I would say root stretch looks like 55/66 then into 55/65. Done this a few times it's gorgeous.

Thank you guys! You make it sound so easy! Really appreciate your advice [emoji173]️[emoji120][emoji106]

Wait do they do 55/66 in colour touch?? X

It's a new client so didn't want to go in with permanent at this stage but I guess the 6% will lift slightly right?? Just colour isn't my strongest [emoji51]

It's a new client so didn't want to go in with permanent at this stage but I guess the 6% will lift slightly right?? Just colour isn't my strongest [emoji51]

Yes it will.

Brilliant I will go with that then thanks Cassie your a life saver! X

Latest posts

Back