Music licence and electric for nail salon x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KateeLouise

Reaction score
Hi geeks just trying to work out my monthly outgoings for when i open my salon, it shall be just nails and tanning salon, so how much roughly do you think electric will be? And how much is the music licence? Is it monthly or yearly? Any help ill be gratefull xx

You need to call PRS and PPL to find out the cost of music licenses, you need both if you plan on playing copyrighted music / having the radio / tv on.

As for electricity bill - how long is a piece of string. It depends on too many variables to give an idea - how many lights, machines, coffee machines, heaters, ventilation of the unit, how is the hot water provided. For this one you are best asking details of the previous occupants of any unit you are thinking of using.

You need to call PRS and PPL to find out the cost of music licenses, you need both if you plan on playing copyrighted music / having the radio / tv on.

As for electricity bill - how long is a piece of string. It depends on too many variables to give an idea - how many lights, machines, coffee machines, heaters, ventilation of the unit, how is the hot water provided. For this one you are best asking details of the previous occupants of any unit you are thinking of using.

Thank you ill defiantly ring ppl and prs, and ill ask estate agent.
Thanks again

Our prs and ppl is pushing £200 per year for a small 3 person salon. We are going prs and ppl free now, I don't feel I should pay if I buy a cd so I'm doing it as part protest (and its hardly heard with the dryers on).
As for electric, as said before, it can't be guessed here, how are you tanning? Sunbed? Spray?
Sunbeds will use a lot more, but should cover and profit your electric if costs are worked properly. Xoxo

I wasn't listening to music but one of the two rang one day wanting to update their database. I told them I don't play music because I wasn't sure if I could afford it when I started up. He asked who worked there and how many clients would be in at any one time and when I told him it was only me and one client he said he would put it down as personal use so I wouldn't have to pay.xx

I wasn't listening to music but one of the two rang one day wanting to update their database. I told them I don't play music because I wasn't sure if I could afford it when I started up. He asked who worked there and how many clients would be in at any one time and when I told him it was only me and one client he said he would put it down as personal use so I wouldn't have to pay.xx

Who was said this, PPL or PRS? Mine is just over £300 per year for both. I am in shop that approximately 4x4 meters! It's just me and one client!

I fell a phone call coming on!

Who was said this, PPL or PRS? Mine is just over £300 per year for both. I am in shop that approximately 4x4 meters! It's just me and one client!

I fell a phone call coming on!

I really can't remember which it was. Maybe he was new to the job and didn't know what to do.xx

Latest posts

Back