My back!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dondon90

Reaction score
I am in so much pain with my back! It's so bad sometimes I can even lie down on my bed! I've tried chiropractors, exercises, massages the lot and nothing seems to help! Also my dermatitis on my hands is probably the worst I've ever seen it atm! I don't mean to list all of my ailments! Lol but I was wondering what you guys do to relieve/sort out these occupational hazards!

I get terrible pain in my upper back/shoulder too. I've had success at the osteopath, though I do need top up appointments every so often. Make sure you keep you back straight and feet flat on the floor when sitting as this helps me a lot. And a hot compress like a wheat bag helps when it flares up for me. Hope you find a solution!

Acupuncture is supposed to work wonders x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

To be honest it's my own fault I put my body in such awkward positions when I'm cutting/colouring/shampooing! :( I'll have to try a hot compress for the time being!

To be honest it's my own fault I put my body in such awkward positions when I'm cutting/colouring/shampooing! :( I'll have to try a hot compress for the time being!

Im the same I noticed it while cutting today and where I work dont have a cutting stool so half the time im bent over coz I forget to ask them to stand up if there hair is long !

I'm not a hair geek but ive got a bad back and I swear by heat patches and a tens machine I couldn't get through the day without these. I think a tens machine only works if its nerve pain though.

Go to the docs as you may need pain killers. Also you may be able to get accupuncture off the NHS you only get 3 goes unfortunately I think.

Accupuncture works wonders but it is expensive for it to work fully on me i'd apparently need it twice a week and at £40 a pop I couldn't afford it but I do have a treatment every now and again. Hth xxx

Acupuncture is supposed to work wonders x

Iv recently tried acupuncture and it's worked for me, I find the relief lasts a lot longer than a massage but still enjoy a massage every now and again :)

Can't comment on the back pain, but for the dermatitis you need to make sure you're thoroughly drying your hands and keeping them moisturised. I have to use an unperfumed aqueous cream to moisturise. I use it as regularly as necessary. Sometimes many times an hour. My doctor told me there's no such thing as too much moisturising.

accupuncture and a heating pad under your back on low in evenings. If you sleep on your back, that's a great time to use it.

And look into the type of shoes you are wearing. And be aware when you work in odd positions :p

Ouch 😁 I know that feeling !! Suffer with really bad backache too , good shoes definitely help! A painkiller such as ixiprim which has trAmadol in works on the nerves helps on really bad days , have seen an osteopath and acupuncturist - those treatments definitely help !! Also rest on ur days off xx dermatitis :( best thing I have found - la Roche possey cream lixipar fantastic !!

I always used to get a bad back and it was because my shoes were too flat. I wear some nice little ankle boots now with a one inch heel and haven't had back pain since really x

Gosh there so many of us in the same boat! I wear heeled shoes/boots and I even wear insoles which I found really helped! Hot compress will have to do! We don't have an apprentice at the salon most days so I'm practically doing all of my own shampoo's. Woe is me! Hahahaha! X

Feel your pain! I always get a pain right in the middle of my back between my shoulder blades, it's almost like a burning feeling. That teamed with sciatica is brilliant! And I'm only 24!! Hah.. 😔

Physiotherapist for the back. Honestly, its the only thing that worked for me after yrs of back pain. Chiropractors are rubbish, made it a lot worse.

I have had the same problem with my back, I let it get so bad that my back has gone twice. When that happens I cant walk and I went to a chiropractor to get it straightened out (i was like an old man hunched over, unable to walk properly and had a broom to support me in the street) after a couple of days it started to get better (with exercises). I then saw a physio who massaged it once a week which went on for months. All I would say is make sure you stand properly, work at eye level and wear supportive comfortable shoes.

The best way to rebuild the muscle tissue up is exercise, by strengthening the core your back is much more supported. A few sit ups each evening will help a lot as will pilates or Yoga (all of which I loath) I know all this and have been told many times but I still don't do it until it starts to ache again. Prevention is better than cure, just dont let it get too bad :)

Definitely try yoga/pilates. Basically anything that strengthens your core and improves your posture will help your back. I've had all sorts of treatments which work wonders for the symptoms for a few days but the exercise is the only thing that helps long term.

Physiotherapy is meant to be the best. My friend has a real bad back she's a midwife and then had whiplash and she payed for it privately as the physio round here is a drop in so of your working its impossible to get it regularly. She said it was like a miracle. I also have a bad back but not to the point of not being able to lie down. I have massage for it when I can afford it and she said that warm baths are also good for the pain. Xxx

Latest posts

Back