My boss agreed to my holiday, can he take it back?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FakeBakeLover99

Reaction score
Hey need a bit of advice. I put in for a holiday at work in December for April. My boss confirmed it and then in Jan we went under new management. Just to be sure before booking my holiday i checked with the new manager, and again she confirmed it. Today i went into work and was told the bigger boss said i cant have it. Ive already paid and booked a holiday away. Can they do this? Xxxx

Did you sign anything ?
If you did they have to give you that holiday x

Not sure if they can do it it but by law but morally that's just awful!

Laura xx

I'm pretty sure they can, I remember looking into it when I was in a similar situation. Things may have changed though as this was a year or 2 ago.

Legally, they can tell you to take holiday whenever they want you to, even if you don't want to take it. I'm not sure what happens once the holiday has been agreed though.

Have you taken out insurance yet? If you have, check if its the sort of thing they cover as you might be able to claim back

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's an obvious thing but have you checked your contract and have they followed the process stated?

no idea on the legal situation, sorry, but that just stinks. :hug:

Contact ACAS - Helpline on 08457 47 47 47 for free support and advice

I agree ring ACAS they will give you free impartial advice, they have been great when I rang them in the past (also concerning holidays coincidentally!) x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have a look at this link from government website. https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights/booking-time-off-
It has some useful info on your statutory rights. I used to work in HR and basically your employer can pretty much tell you when you can and can't take leave as long as they are giving you the correct notice xx

Shocking!!! I would seek legal advice from ACAS ASAP!

I dont know the rules but I hope you sort it out - sounds awful!

I always thought in a new job or management if your have booked your holiday before you took on the job they will have to honour it.. This may be unpaid but you had already booked it. Ring Acass they always helped me with stuff like this

Any luck yet?? Xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey guys :) thanks for all your help.

Apparently he said I'm allowed to go on my holiday but their not happy as its the busiest time of year (not a beauty job by the way) and I have to work on my days off before I go and the day after I get back. I explained that I was fine last year during that time but only one person off and they said it doesn't matter I should know better than to even ask for it off, It doesn't matter if it was confirmed I shouldn't have even asked :S also its not the busiest time of year they just think it will be cause they are new management.
So annoying :-( At least i'm going though.

Thanks xxxx

Hey guys :) thanks for all your help.

Apparently he said I'm allowed to go on my holiday but their not happy as its the busiest time of year (not a beauty job by the way) and I have to work on my days off before I go and the day after I get back. I explained that I was fine last year during that time but only one person off and they said it doesn't matter I should know better than to even ask for it off, It doesn't matter if it was confirmed I shouldn't have even asked :S also its not the busiest time of year they just think it will be cause they are new management.
So annoying :-( At least i'm going though.

Thanks xxxx

yay goodie xx

Latest posts

Back