My first client (micro rings), advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeTk

Reaction score
Hello this is my first post so apologies for anything i miss!

on the 5th Nov i had my first client and she originally wanted half a head of micro rings, so had consultation etc her hair was short-ish (sits at bottom of neck) wanted 22" very adamant on what she wanted etc so i advise her that full head would be a better option for her etc explained my reasons why and she could only stretch her budget to 150 strands so anyway we go ahead with it as planned and to be honest i wasn't very happy with it but my client loved it.
i felt she needed another 50 strands so we spoke about it but she was happy so away i go.
3 days later i get a txt, she's been in a fight at the weekend and had some of her hair ripped out (yes really!) but she managed to pick most of it up off the floor! could i go and re apply, so off i go again and the hairs been ripped out from her roots with rings still intact!
so once again i leave and a week later another txt she's had 6 fall out could i go and put them back in, so of course i do and i run thorough after care again with her suggest again that she changes her brush and stops washing her hair every day etc.

yesterday i get a txt she wants it all taking out because you can see her own hair and they keep coming out. when ive been back to put in ones that have 'fallen' out they are in the same state as the once she had pulled out on the night out. i have not applied too close to her scalp and i just know my application was correct because im so anal with it all.
any ideas or advise? or is it just bad maintenance? sorry if i have rambled!
12140672_10153222510786538_1404731626175704955_n.jpg
12140672_10153222510786538_1404731626175704955_n.jpg
12249839_10153158703922344_9040849300558739947_n (1).jpg

sorry about the LARGE pics >.<

Kinda annoying because you don't know could be you didn't fit them tight enough or she's been using conditioner on her roots and making them fall out.
I would just offer to re fit them all again? And then make a leaflet so she can follow it

i have aftercare leaflets that i give out and i give advise too, the hair is already really dry and not looking great and its only been in 2 weeks but she is washing her hair every day, im a hairdresser too so i've given advice on everything i can.
she isnt happy that you can see her short hair around her neck (around the hairline) but i've explained that i can't put the extensions on her hairline despite everytime i go round she brings it up.
i don't know what to do, she's asked to have them all taken out :(

If I was you I would just take them out and leave it at that, if you have her aftercare and told her not to wash her hair everyday and to change to a brush that is for extensions and she just ignores it then that falls down to her but that's just what I would do and what I have done to 1 client in the past

Hey! I would do a lot of micro ring extensions along with nano rings and some bonded ones too.. I think she doesn't know how to treat long hair... I've stumbled upon this in the past.. People want to be rapunzal yesterday and they don't take Into consideration that they have to treat their new long hair with more respect than their wee fried Bob.. If you are installing them to the best of your ability the never second guess yourself!! You've done your bit..

Thank you everyone :) i felt the hair was too long for her, the original plan (my plan) was to cut a few inches off but she wanted it kept long wouldnt even let me tidy the ends up or shape the front.
i will contact her today to arrange removal. ugh just feels so poop because she was my first client.

Thank you, this forum is a godsend :)

i have aftercare leaflets that i give out and i give advise too, the hair is already really dry and not looking great and its only been in 2 weeks but she is washing her hair every day, im a hairdresser too so i've given advice on everything i can.
she isnt happy that you can see her short hair around her neck (around the hairline) but i've explained that i can't put the extensions on her hairline despite everytime i go round she brings it up.
She can clip up the short hair around her neck and wont be visable, her natural hair is quite short for 22inch so she will need to take extra care with them and use tange teezer
She can clip up the short hair around her neck so it wont be visible,if you know what I mean, 22inch is quite long for hair natural hair so she will need to take extra care and use Tangle Teezer brush only.

she's had a friend take the extensions out with pliers...charming lol.

Lol she probably lost hair in the process too ! Don't let her get to you. Least you know what to look out for next time x

If the client is following aftercare the extensions will be fine,yes they do come out naturally and I wouldn't have gone back and put 6 back in esp for free as she will have you doing it all the time,I say either wait till maintenance or have to charge for re fitting them X amount a bond,time is money don't forget, you could have used 1gram strands of hair so the client wouldn't need as many in but the hair would have been thicker,don't forget to charge for removal aswell [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back