My first ever trade test tomorrow - what products should I bring?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x Fee x

Reaction score
Hi All!

I enquired about a salon nail tech position over the phone this afternoon, and have been invited for an interview and trade test tomorrow lunchtime.

Spent the evening preparing myself, and I'm feeling quite confident, but it's the first one I've ever had!!

The person I spoke to wasn't sure yet what I would be asked to show them, so can anyone advise what I should bring?

I've already got my CV, Portfolio, certificates and college recommendation packed. I've packed my Gel and L&P kit and all my tools, as I'd be more confident using my own products if the salon uses a different brand that I haven't trained with.

What about manicure/ pedicure? Do I take along a supply of products and bowls and polishes in case they ask? And towels?

I don't want to leave anything to chance and rely on the salon giving me things to use if they don't expect this.
Sorry if this is daft, I feel I'm overthinking everything, but as I said, it's the first time I've been in this position :)

When I did my first one I phoned to confirm timings etc, and asked what products to bring.
Although ended up taking my whole box!
Good luck :)

Thank you xx

I'll probably ending up taking everything anyway. At least it shows i'm prepared! :)

Perhaps I'll give them another call in the morning

Good luck hope it goes well for you FEE. let us know how you get on. Xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Maybe look on the salons website and see what looks like there key nail service!

You want to look professional by going prepared but don't want to look ridiculous taking everything and the kitchen skin!! I think what you have is fine! I they want to see more they can invite you back :)

Good luck :)

If your driving maybe leave odd bits and bobs you may need in the car then if they ask you can run and grab?

X

Hi Fee how did you get on ? Xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Thank you everyone!

Mrs Turner I think it went well, thanks for asking. Even if I don't get the job, I really enjoyed the experience. Just waiting for the phone call today! xx

Thank you everyone!

Mrs Turner I think it went well, thanks for asking. Even if I don't get the job, I really enjoyed the experience. Just waiting for the phone call today! xx

I bet you get it ;) Let us know and good to see you back :hug: xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back