My Latest Attempt at Nail Art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodle

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Here's my pic of the set of NNO's I did on my own nails this morning, the same having been done using Bio Sculpture Gels (clear gel and Numbers 2023 and 1) plus some dried flowers.

Any comments would be most welcome ... thank you.

They look lovely Karen

They look very nice. :)

The picture is not brill as its a bit blurry so cant see the nails properly but I like the unusual design and the sidewall etc look excellent, lovely job

I think they look lovely :)

Love the fact they are a "bit different"
Really nice

Noodle said:
Here's my pic of the set of NNO's I did on my own nails this morning, the same having been done using Bio Sculpture Gels (clear gel and Numbers 2023 and 1) plus some dried flowers.

Any comments would be most welcome ... thank you.

Very nice and what nice long nail beds to work on too.

I think they are nice. I like the design

i like these tooo !!:green: really liking black tips at the mo xxx

Love the black

Lec x x x

I like them too. I just adore black tips.. Lovely..

Thanks guys ... the dark coloured gel is actually purple ... I'm just pants at taking pictures!

Wow, they look really good.

How did you get your dried flower to look so nice. I've tried using the same ones and found they absorbed the clear gel after a day or two and then looked really rubbish. One client I used them on said they looked like bogies on the ends of her fingers!! Needless to say I've not used them again.:cry:

I fully agree with nail chick. I too tried real flowers. They really look like a mess after few days.. Maybe there's really some tricks to it to maintain the look.

I've had a few attempts with dried flowers ... they do seem to absorb the gel, but I have found that applying the flower into a thin layer of gel, followed by a thin layer again of sealer or S gel, seems to do the trick.

Thanks Karen,

Prob for me I cure the flower ontop of my 2nd layer of powder and gel (i'm using lechat powder gel sys) then another light coat of the powder n gel.. From wat you say, prob i should skip the 3rd layer and put the gel top on the flower.. Will try explore...

The dried flower needs to 'soak-up' the gel before curing.
Push at it gently, pushing it into the gel... patting the gel onto the petals if that makes any kind of sense?
A runnier self levelling gel is best too.

It needs to soak up the gel before it's cured so the gel settles properly and there are no air pockets afterwards and no pocket lifting?
Hope I make sense.

I know I did a gel tut before for these, will look for it.

Latest posts

Back