My Nail Hurts!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trudi

Reaction score
Hi well i started college went on tuesday and walked into the room and there was other people in there doin the same course as me and everyone was just sat there QUIET waiting for the tutor i was trying not to laugh! Anyway we had to get into groups and put tips on each other and file the tip down to blend in on our nail.The girl who did mine was filing the tip down and was also filing my own nail as well!! Now my nail is all sore where it is worn down from the filing i cant even touch it.We have also got to wear a uniform black shoes and black trousers and a white tunic hair tied back.Back again tonight cant wait just hope i dont get more sore nails!!:biggrin: From Trudi x

Trudi said:
Hi well i started college went on tuesday and walked into the room and there was other people in there doin the same course as me and everyone was just sat there QUIET waiting for the tutor i was trying not to laugh! Anyway we had to get into groups and put tips on each other and file the tip down to blend in on our nail.The girl who did mine was filing the tip down and was also filing my own nail as well!! Now my nail is all sore where it is worn down from the filing i cant even touch it.We have also got to wear a uniform black shoes and black trousers and a white tunic hair tied back.Back again tonight cant wait just hope i dont get more sore nails!!:biggrin: From Trudi x

Hi Trudi you really need to be telling your fellow student in a polite manner she is going wrong and ouch that freakin hurts..only kiddin...dont let anyone continue to file your nail down...call of the tutor and ask her it this is being done correctly, or find a way of not letting this happen again? You are doing her and your nail a favour in the end....hope this helps..

REad File Control part 2!!

Have to agree with Fabby here! Live models can FEEL and should be relating back to the tech, trainee etc that what they are doing is uncomfortable / hurts etc. Now you know what it is like to experience discomfort ask anyone else YOU work on that if anything you do feels uncomfortable or if it feels like YOU are filing on their natural nail then they MUST tell you.

Don't be afraid to do this to peeps working on YOUR nails too - this is why the MMA salons and other bad techs get away with all the damage they do, because peeps think they don't have a right to complain and they don't realise that they should not at any time experience discomfort, pain, bleeding etc.

So often I get new clients coming to me and they are set there very tense and cringeing. When you ask why it is because they have gone elsewhere and they have had file friction burning, had cuticles cut that have then bled, skin continuously cut with file etc etc.

You are now on your way to becoming a good tech because you know this shouldn't happen and you know what it feels like when things go wrong! Good luck with your training and welcome to the fun world of nails!!!!

Cheer up sweetie!
I recently attended a Creative product training for CE hours to renew my nail liscense. So of course we had to partner up to practice on each other. Well, the woman I got was a liscensed tech, but did not have a lot of experience doing enhancements, (which is why she was in the class)!! But you all know by now that I don't wear enhancements, and I take great pride in my natural nails. So I wasn't looking forward to the experience, but I really want to learn the product so I can use it on my clients. I did speak up and correct the woman when she tried to use the wrong grits, and when I felt that the edges of the files were too sharp. You have to speak up. Anyway, after the class, I went home to soak the nails off and they were terribly scratched up, and thin. Thank God we only demo'd on one hand. So I have one hand of perfect nails, and one hand that is short, thin, and trying to recover.

ouch!

Its always so painful when you start out. when i started i knew nowt about nails, and the women i had to partner with made my nail bed bleed! Now i knew that was wrong, and i cried like a little girl!!!

Latest posts

Back