My natural smile lines have become more smiley :)y

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailnewbie32

Reaction score
So sorry I coudn't think of a decent thread title ( suggestions happily recieved)

For as long as I can remember, I've never had smile lines as such, they were more like wiggley lines. However today when I removed my polish I noticed they were more curved and nearly all looking the same.

Because of the fabulous knowledge I have gained here I have been taking much better care of my nails on a day to day basis ( college only mentioned cuticle oil after manicure and regular use with enhancements) I use cuticle oil twice a day now regardless of what I have on my nails. Along with regular removal cuticle.

My question though is why or how exactly has this happened? Or has this even happened due to more love and attention being given? Or just one of those things? Besides me just wanting to know, I think it would be good for me to be able to pass this on to clients or potential clients who have similar nails.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense or is something I should already know :)

Thanks x

My guess is, that your nails were thin before and kind of see through, so your smile lines would not be very obvious.

By using your oil and taking care of your nails, you have strengthened them and they aren't as thin as they used to be, so this is why you can see the smile lines now.

Thank you very much xx

Yes my nails do seem a little stronger in the last couple of months. So would it be that the nail plate is for want of a better word heavier, therefore pressing in to the nailbed a bit more? Making the smile visibly more defined?

I just want to understand properly :)

Thank you very much xx

Yes my nails do seem a little stronger in the last couple of months. So would it be that the nail plate is for want of a better word heavier, therefore pressing in to the nailbed a bit more? Making the smile visibly more defined?

I just want to understand properly :)

I honestly don't know... I'd say the matrix may be healthier and has produced more cells... the blood supply to the nail is probably better and so the nails look healthier and pinker and in turn that makes the free edge look whiter.

By massaging the oil in, it can help re attach the nail plate to the nail bed, so this could be why the smile line looks more defined.

I honestly don't know... I'd say the matrix may be healthier and has produced more cells... the blood supply to the nail is probably better and so the nails look healthier and pinker and in turn that makes the free edge look whiter.

By massaging the oil in, it can help re attach the nail plate to the nail bed, so this could be why the smile line looks more defined.

Interesting, thanks xx

Sorry for all the questions though, I was just curious as my nails always look 'off' when they are bare, they don't look so bad now!

Interesting, thanks xx

Sorry for all the questions though, I was just curious as my nails always look 'off' when they are bare, they don't look so bad now!

Well keep up the good work! :)

Latest posts

Back