My toenail fell off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I've noticed for a while now that my 2nd smallest toenail is a lot thicker than the others and earlier today I felt like I had something in my sock and when I looked it was my toenail! The whole thing had come off in one piece! It didn't hurt and I still have a toenail on my toe its like the top layer has come off or something, it was really thick. I've noticed my little toenail is starting to get really thick aswell could it be a fungal infection? There is no discolouration or anything though x

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

Hello, I am sure you must have learnt this at college? Just double check in ur text book under nail infections it's bit difficult for us to help without picture. But what I think might have happened is if you do train a lot or might worn tight shoes etc it can make your nail come off and results as you describe. Has happened a lot , the bulk of my treatments I do are nail enhancement and pedicures! I'm get ladies asking all the time. Just to be on the safe side to keep infection at bay, apply an anti fungal treatment twice a day. And if you can try soaking your feet in foot spa with 3 or 4 drops tea tree oil once a day. I helped clients cure so much if they try do that atleast once a day.
If it is thickening like a fungal which is deeper problem other then mild infection then the doc might give you anti biotic which is about 6 month course atleast or some dermatologists do lazer and it kills it and will grow out healthy. I sent a few clients who have stubborn fungi to one the top dermatologists and it doesn't cost that much just once off and isn't painful. Shame hope it sorts out xx

Beauty at your finger tips!

Latest posts

Back