My Website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carron

Reaction score
Hi

I've been working on my website and it would be good to get your opinions.

It is still a work in progress and theres still bits and pieces I want to add but just wondered what your thoughts are. I'm going to go through all the spacing and size once its all complete and make headings and paragraphs all match in font and size at the end.

I want to add some paragraphs explaing waxing and then when i invest in my facial range i'll add a page about that. i'm going to get some pictures of tans before and after to put in the portfolio

www.summerbeautywhalsay.webs.com

thanks

I had some excellent advice from a colleague when I set up a website I'd been thinking about for ages:

Think about who your audience are, what you are trying to sell and the key messages you want to get across.

When you have those things clear revisit your words, page structure and layout and see whether what you have addresses your audience, sells what you want to sell and gets across the key messages.

From a very brief look your key selling point is your location, which also both limits and clearly defines your audience - people on your island. So you really need to address what that audience is looking for.

So for example, I would make your home page slicker and about the service you offer. The stuff about you is a great way to build rapport with prospective customers but is probably better on an 'about me' page.

Watch out for repeating info on more than one page - it makes changes harder and there is a risk of not updating everything - bad if you have two different prices for the same treatment.

Hope that helps

Mike

Im sorry hun but as a customer visiting that website and being greeted with the blurb about yourself I switched straight off.
Im not being horrid its great when you've done and are doing its just not what I as a customer would be interested in on a Beauty Salons websites main page.

I want to know what treatments I can have, facials, nails, waxing, make up etc etc.. Id like pictures of what you can do, I really want to think 'WOW Im booking right in right now'.. rather than 'ok which link is for the treatments again?'

I think your home page should be about your products/treatments you provide than about you and your history, I agree with the above post, pop it in a 'About me' page all for its own.

And Please Please tell me its not going to stay that funny old woman beige colour??? :eek:

Your Treatment menu and Waxing Treatments pages appeared to be identical apart for a picture too.. are you providing anything other than waxing hun?

Im sure once all the kinks are worked out you'll have a lovely website.

And I really dont mean to be horrid in anything I said. :eek:

:hug:

I like your website, I think a bit of background info on you is good and I dont think its too much. I think its nice that potential clients can get to know a bit about you before having their appointments as I feel they may feel more relaxed knowing a little about you. I have noticed though that you have a HOME page and a ABOUT ME page which are the same, so one should really go.

The only thing I would change is perhaps the colours of your pages, something dazzling, but thats me I like to be bold.

Hi

Thanks for your comments, I'm working on some changes.

Dont panic the colours will change. I've not decided on the colour of my salon yet so once thats done i'm wanting the website colours to be the same. Painting next week so will need to make my mind up quick

I'm just offering waxing and tinting till I can buy my facial kit. Then once I get that I'll slowly start saving for nail kits, massage etc. Everyone round here seems to be wanting waxing at the moment and i've had to turn people away as I've not had my kit (till now). I'm hoping to offer spray tans also but having bother with getting my replacement tent at the moment so dont want to advertise that till its all sorted

I've set up an about me page but what should I put in my home page? I've gone through lots of geeks websites and most have a bit about their qualifications etc on the welcome page

I'm no expert (still struggling with my own site so who am I to talk) but, visually when I first look at your site I think "Wow", nice set up, nice layout, love the pic of the woman and the black brush stroke and flowers. I think the colour is fine but something bold or maybe more pink or young might also be nice.

For your home page perhaps you could put your location and opening hours... that type of information... and some pics. :green:

hi,

thanks for taking a look

i'm struggling to write my opening hours as it will be different every week due to my boyfriends rota and morning sickness!! so i cant put set times up

Hi Hun,

I found the music a little annoying to be honest and I would make your colours a bit more powerful. I'm just putting my website together but I decided against having loads of pages, so I've gone for just a home page to grab peoples attention then I have all my pricing and located in my diary system.

I got the site for free (well I did pay for the web name), I only added the text so can't clam the glory :) it's not finished yet but feel free to have a look Home - Beauty & Nails By Natalie but I do pay a small monthly fee for my diary, might be worth you having a look at that with your opening hours headache and morning sickness!

Good luck x

Latest posts

Back