Myscara - Micropore tape

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lpolky

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm doing myscara which is going ok but wondered does anyone else do these treatments. When I cover the top lashes to put the myscara on the bottom Lashes we are told in training to put micropore tape over the top lashes but I feel it's squashing them and makes the myscara go on wonky, plus sometimes I have to peel the lashes off the tape which pulls the lashes and the clients eye and sometime it pulls out a couple of lashes.

Anyone do this treatment? Any advice would be good. Thankyou

Hi lpolky,
When your taping up top lashes they should be MYscara free so you would be applying to bottom lashes first. I work on one eye at a time so when I've finished the bottom on one side I prepare the other as it gives the bottom ones time to dry so by the time I'm taping them down they are dry so won't stick to tape. I'm also quite careful removing tape from bottom lashes if they are stuck I use my tweezers to hold a couple of lashes while gently removing tape.
Hth

Thankyou Georgie yes I'm doing that anyway. I tried yesterday and today doing the bottom lashes without taping the top at all and was a lot better, top lashes weren't so creased.
Also really need to tint the bottom lashes, any advice without taking all the lash lift off as doing the tint after the lash lift but doesn't catch the bottom lashes.

xxx

Sorry but do you mind telling me What Myscara is? Sorry I've just never heard of it?

Mymascara is a semi permanent mascara lasts 2 weeks or so. I actually also battle doing the bottom lashes because some clients have such funny or wrinkles eyes (older clients) and with their eyes closes they squeeze their eyes **** and some peoples eyelids on bottom actually push or roll onwards I try ask them to relax but it on some clients a complete fail. So now I do top lashes and then sit those clients who have problem bottom lashes up straight and apply protector paper under which they hold then I have a soft fan blowing downwards and apply to boot on lashes with their eyes OPEN.
The Trainner would probably kill me for doing it like this but it works and especially for clients who has such tiny lashes.

I must also say I only do this when the correct way we were trained does not work. And eyes roll in as I said above.

Beauty at your finger tips!

Thanks Nailpod.

Well I've tried a few clients now by doing the bottom lashes while the eye is open looking up, yes they blink but they don't stick together as I do it so finely. Then after doing the top lashes as normal I sit the client up as well facing me and I top up top and bottom where they need it. So far so good.
I do find it's difficult if the clients lashes are very fine as you can only put so much on as don't want it to go bitty.
However this was a client I did today, she has good lashes but still I was happy with the end result. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398455964.015932.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398455977.636593.jpg

Well done I think those look good. And you even got the bottom corners which are not so easy to do. 👏👏👏

Beauty at your finger tips!

Latest posts

Back