Nail Art - Im completely confused!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hi, hope you don't mind but im going to ask some really stupid questions now..

Ive never done nail art but it is something im interested in, I was thinking of getting some paints, brushes etc and having a play around with it at home. Ive got little diamontes and glitter from when I was at college (tutor was going to do a nail art day but didnt bother in the end!).

I really havent got a clue about it though so was hoping you wonderful peeps may be able to help...

Q1: What paints do you use? Ive seen the nail art pens, but am i right in thinking you can use ordinary water-based acrylic paints available at craft shops?!

Q1: What is normally better? The pens or pots?

Q2: How do you stick the rhinestones on? Is is just a case of placing them on a layer of top coat and then sealing them with another layer? How long do they normally stay on for?

I think thats just about it for now!:o

Any advice on this subject would be soooooo appreciated! :green:

Hi, hope you don't mind but im going to ask some really stupid questions now..

Ive never done nail art but it is something im interested in, I was thinking of getting some paints, brushes etc and having a play around with it at home. Ive got little diamontes and glitter from when I was at college (tutor was going to do a nail art day but didnt bother in the end!).

I really havent got a clue about it though so was hoping you wonderful peeps may be able to help...

Q1: What paints do you use? Ive seen the nail art pens, but am i right in thinking you can use ordinary water-based acrylic paints available at craft shops?! Yes you can use any paints from a craft shop.

Q1: What is normally better? The pens or pots? Either or really, depending on what you are doing, if you are going to use stripers, I recommend a good brand like nubar.

Q2: How do you stick the rhinestones on? Is is just a case of placing them on a layer of top coat and then sealing them with another layer? How long do they normally stay on for? If I am using polish I put them on when the top layer is still tacky and seal them with topcoat or you can use adhesive.

I think thats just about it for now!:o

Any advice on this subject would be soooooo appreciated! :green:

None of your questions are stupid, ask away, hth hun :hug:

Q1: What paints do you use? Ive seen the nail art pens, but am i right in thinking you can use ordinary water-based acrylic paints available at craft shops?! yep you can use, varnish, striper pens, special nail art brushes and any acrylic paint

Q1: What is normally better? The pens or pots? think this depends on the individual, i personally love the striper pens, bought i bought little acrylic paint and brush set last week and im enjoing playing with that now !

Q2: How do you stick the rhinestones on? Is is just a case of placing them on a layer of top coat and then sealing them with another layer? How long do they normally stay on for? you can place in top coat whilst still wet then go over with another layer or special nail art sealer or you can dab cocktail stick in adeshive and dab it on and place stone in that then seal over with top coat or sealer , again personal choice

:green:

and as so many people have said before, the only stupid question is the one you dont ask hun !!!

there are also many nail art tutorials on the net and if you serach nail art on the site you will find some great links hun, get practising !! cant wait to see some pics xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back