Nail Art Inspiration

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailbomb

Reaction score
Hey,

I’m a newbie folks! Hope this work ok :)

I’ve got a burning question , I’m always really curious to know what inspires most other nail artists??

Where do you get your nail art ideas and designs from??
Selina x

Hiya!

Welcome to the site, I'm sure like the rest of us Geeks you'll be hooked from now on!

I've had a look at the nail art pics you have posted and can I just say how good they are! The designs are original, fun and funky!

Personaly with my nail art I tend to do what I fancy (as I only get to do nail art on myself) so that tends to be something glittery!lol
I also like to try out all the new bits n bobs I've bought so quite often that defines what design I go for.

Oh and I must say this site is definatly an insperation:Love:

I burnt my computer out looking for pics on the internet and then printing them off and having a go myself - either that or I doodle in the day when I am bored at work with paper and pencil (call centre by day, nails by night!) then have a go when I get home!

When I am out i look at peoples nails and get ideas from them too! Mad, maybe, but it keeps my brain ticking over for new ideas!

I always find that special events or occasions always give you inspiration for nail art designs, for example how cute is a little shamrock on the ring finger made from small round emerald rhinestones for St Patricks day yesterday?!! (And a pint of guinness made from black and crystal ones on the big toenail!! lol)

Also people always get into the spirit of big events like the world cup or european championships (well I do anyway!! :o ) so its worth practising a few st georges cross designs, as well as the scottish and irish flags. (You'd deserve a medal if you could recreate the welsh dragon!!

Anyway, creating the designs is half the fun so let your imagination run wild!!

Have fun!!

I'm another internet trawler. I also try and copy anything I see in magazines or on other people.

I use events and days for influence alot like a poppy (rememberence day), aussie flag, (australia day) etc etc etc
I have to do the footy teams yet. If I start now I ahead for this year (season starts this week)

Hi Jadey

I do the same and im already practicing for "state of origin".As im ex nsw everyone says you should go for qld now.But as i say you can take the girl out of the state but you cant take the state out of the girl.I will be wearing some great two tone blue nails shortly and in the mean time red and white go the dragons!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kathyxxxxxxx
taintz said:
I'm another internet trawler. I also try and copy anything I see in magazines or on other people.

I use events and days for influence alot like a poppy (rememberence day), aussie flag, (australia day) etc etc etc
I have to do the footy teams yet. If I start now I ahead for this year (season starts this week)

Thanks Happy_jo for havin a look at my photos, it really cool to know people like them!

Im always a bit unsure at showing of my designs , just because im not a nail tech either, im still picking things up really. That why i like looking at other peoples designs.

I've realised though that my goth/tribal stuph isnt very common!! I'm a heavy metal fan, so i think foil razor blades look *nice* hehe

Aint it cool how everyone finds their own little inspiration? Thanks for being nice folks =D

Hi and welcome,
I think that the only limit with Nail Art is your imagination, I pick idea's up from everywhere Lol whether it be designs on bags, painting, flowers etc
Love your work its fab :biggrin:

Hi there and welcome!

I basically sit for hours and hours messing around with my airbrush and doing handpainted over the top of it. Lots of playing until I find something that I think will really go down well.

And of course when you see other designs ie in mags and stuff it also inspires you to try those. Funny thing is when I do that it never comes out the same as the design I'm looking at. So I suppose it's not even coppying them. Good to have a bash though.
Try it you'll have fun!:D

I found the local fabric shop is great inspiration and find loads of things in there, also just what you have in a junk box, i always have loads of bits and bobs around and different things remind me of different objects. At olympia yesterday there were fantastic designs in the mixed media dividion especially one that was a masquerade ball and the masks were fantastic, their was an ice castle made with nails and a wedding bouquet, all using 3d nail art absolutely brill. Its well worth checking out the shoows.HTH

Hi Nailbomb

I really love the designs that you do - must admit that I am another internet trawler - just to get ideas and have a go. Have done a few bits and pieces myself but nothing on your level - I'm not really that artistic.

chrisbow said:
Hi Nailbomb

I really love the designs that you do - must admit that I am another internet trawler - just to get ideas and have a go. Have done a few bits and pieces myself but nothing on your level - I'm not really that artistic.
Thanks for the compliments - all of you have been very friendly!

For inspiration I have internet trawled, but i mostly look around and collect research like postcards, leaflets, books and photos. Always bits and pieces you can find to use in a design. I use sketchbooks though and draw designs in those.

I studied design at university and have no training in nail art - so i work very differently to everyone else here! Its a hobby gone mad really, but i guess I'm not the first person to get hooked.

Why is it so addictive?!
Selina x

Latest posts

Back