Nail Art - Much demand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saddlesore

Reaction score
In all honesty I dont have any call for it and its such a shame because I love creating different sets and designs.

So the question is how much nail art demand do you have and what are the ages and types of client who do have it?

Looking forward to your responses xxxx

I'm nearly at the end of my training so I can't speak for "out in the real world" but nail art was the thing that started me off wanting to do nails.

I find that people don't know what you can do so it's not asked for but whenever I have a new design on my own nails people will then ask for me to do that on them!

x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I built my business ON nail art. It's my USP (Unique Selling Point).
I have only ONE client that gets a white french every 2wks (and even she occasionally wavers and adds a little something-something now and then for special occasions).
That's IT and I'm pretty much booked solid most weeks.

YES, I said only ONE client.

The rest are all Art, including my Shellac-clients.

My clients range in age from 17yrs to 75yrs. Yes, Grandma gets nail art too :green:

Hi

I still say the best form of advertising is on yourself.. clients tend to see your nails and gives them the boost to want the art on themselves..

What you could also do to promote your nail art is to perhaps do some different designs on eithe ryour own nails or model, take a good photo of them and use a photo album, or if in a salon or home salon use one of those digital photo frames so clients can flick through while they are having nails done or keep it on a slide show so it catches their eye.

If mobile do the same but print off the images onto photo paper, laminate and attache to a chain, so they have a flick through to look at, and nail wheels are good too.. doesnt take up much space to carry around..

just a few ideas for you

Sarah xx

Should I be doing more to show examples of my work...should I do some more wheels and have them around my desk or would you suggest making a small album with photos?
I always have something interesting on my nails and my clients always comment and say they look great but then when I ask them if they would like a little something they always say no.:rolleyes:

Could you guys tell me whilst answering this question how you show your work to perspective nail art'ers :wink2:

xxx

Hi

I still say the best form of advertising is on yourself.. clients tend to see your nails and gives them the boost to want the art on themselves..

What you could also do to promote your nail art is to perhaps do some different designs on eithe ryour own nails or model, take a good photo of them and use a photo album, or if in a salon or home salon use one of those digital photo frames so clients can flick through while they are having nails done or keep it on a slide show so it catches their eye.

If mobile do the same but print off the images onto photo paper, laminate and attache to a chain, so they have a flick through to look at, and nail wheels are good too.. doesnt take up much space to carry around..

just a few ideas for you

Sarah xx

Tee Hee we posted at the same time and said the same things xxxx

Nail art is on its way back up at the moment and I must say that lots of clients are particularly asking for gems, crystals or sparkes on their nails - especially toes!

I felt that a lot of nail art was looking a bit old and past it for a while, so people went off it for a while. Now, it is definately something to have in your list of services :)

It is the perfect accent for the summer sun!

Top shop in Oxford Street London have a nail Artist in the basement, WAH nails where the nail art is BOOM! ... check this link

Last edited:
so we did .. lol..

I upload pictures to Facebook, tagging the clients so that their friend's see their nails.
I also keep a "netbook" at my desk, and upload images there that will scroll as a slideshow in place of a screensaver. Clients love watching that.
I occassionally log into facebook to show clients pictures because I don't always update my netbook files promptly, but my Facebook albums are updated weekly (from my desk top pc)
I used to print pictures for an album but they got too numerous, and too pricey in the end.

I ALWAYS wear some kind of art.
My business cards feature my work.
I encourage clients to take piles of my cards and write their names on them so that they can get credit for the referrals for my referral program.
I occasionally give a smidgeon of free art here and there, and once that client's friends oooh-ahhhh over their nails, they are hooked and want more.

I haven't "advertised" in any other ways other than stated above for the past 3yrs and I'm almost 'full'.

hth's

PS: tagging pics in Facebook & my new business cards have made the BIGGEST impact on my business.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back