nail art pens?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemsy

Reaction score
Hi i was just wondering what should be in nail art pens? what is best? because ive been looking at some on ebay and asked what was in them if it was polish or acyrlic paint , and she said it was like polish but more sticky and therefore stays longer! what could this be in it then? im confused!!!! please help!!!

The pens I use do have a polish in them not a paint. The ones I use are from k-sa-ra.
Hths

I use regular gel pens, where I live you can buy them in any store where they sell pens and paper. They come in almost any color and are not expensive. Some brands work better than others, you'll have to try it out.

You can use them on polish (it has to be dried up completely), make your design, let the gel (from the pen) dry (if you don't like what you did, you can simply whipe it off and start again) and cover with topcoat. I also use it in my design nails (acrylics and gel).

You can do amazing things with them!
Didn't anwer your question, I know....
Louise G

I do a lot of my nail art with poster paints from Eearly learning Centre and just got a great little set of paints from Woolworths. I paint on to the polis, let dry and then seal.

If yu dont like it you can wipe off with water before you seal!

M

Lellipop said:
The pens I use do have a polish in them not a paint. The ones I use are from k-sa-ra.
Hths
i use these ones aswell, i buy them from k,sa,ra but they are made by nubar

Gemsy said:
Hi i was just wondering what should be in nail art pens? what is best? because ive been looking at some on ebay and asked what was in them if it was polish or acyrlic paint , and she said it was like polish but more sticky and therefore stays longer! what could this be in it then? im confused!!!! please help!!!

i've just PM'd you regading these ebay pens.......

Gemsy said:

Hi

I got the Rio Nart Art kit originally and the pens are great. I then brought some more from Ebay to widen my colors but found that a lot of them, they are not such good quality. Some were too thick and caked up all the time, the glitter ones didn't let the glitter out, and some were so thin that they leak everywhere.

So the moral of the story - just buy a few at a time and check the quality - b4 buying loads.

I have the long pens and havent got a clue what is inside them ( so if someone wants to pm me please do). Have found the cheap ones from hong kong are not always the best value ones as you ahve to keep replacing them but the long ones seem to be better, Boots do these as well. the spangels ones and fx although the same as the cheap imports seem to be better waulity paints inside and they do last really well. Excellent for kids nail art and toes etc...

Latest posts

Back