Nail Art Supplies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8889jenny

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I was just wondering what supplies do you all use for your nail art. I have brought some stripe pen things! LOL & they are terrible! :confused: The varnish in them is very bad quality. I am in the process of renting a room and want some good supplies. I know that they have a few things at capital but I just wanted to know your opinions :)

Many Thanks

Jen xx

Hiyah

Lechat do some nice striper pens and have a good range of nail art gliters,confetti etc.., also I use Sparkly Nails & Nail Order as they also stock a great range of products.

hth
Sue :)

Cheers sue I'll have a look at those! :hug:

Does anyone have any more? xx :)

i use spangles glitter strippers i find them really good and reasonably priced.

Get yourself a varied supply but don't spend to much
are you going to do alot of nail art of just the basics?

I use Art Color stripers, they have 48 colors, some matte, pastels, shimmering, and some glitter ones.

otherwise I have a few swarowsky gems, they always look good,
I do 3D nail art so I have many many colors, glitters, shimmers, etc for that

got some microbeads, lotsa colors again

some brushes for design purpose

some paint, black and white to start with, and silver and gold...

a lot of other items that I inlay, crushed shells, nacre sheet, etc

some colordrops to color my monomere... some pearls...

your imagination is your only limit!!

but stripe pens, if these are what I think they are, really blow. esp if you got them off like ebay, you never know what polish is inside, and they often are too diluted and crap.

I'm not a fan of striper pens.
They're more costly than polish in some cases.
For another, they limit you in terms of how many colours you have.

I MUCH prefer investing in a few good striper brushes (I love "Vrush") and using my existing polish collection, enhanced by a collection of water based acrylic paints purchased from the arts & craft store, or from the $1 Store. Much more versatility.

I also found that with some pens, like you said, the polish was garbage AND in others, the brush was too thick and garbage too.

And if you store your paints as I do, they are very very portable.
Go to a craft store, and purchase empty paint pots and a plastic pencil box.
Like this, usually in strips of 6 or 8 pots:
paint.jpg

54640.jpg

You can get about 8 or more strips of paint in one box = minimum of 48 colours. WAY EASIER to carry about than 48 colours of polish-pens.

Just my opinion.

hth's

^this is great!!!

saw you use Ezflow, do you store your color powders kits in these too? or is it too small?

I also just use the small pots of water based acrylic and a good striper brush.
I use and glitter but always test it first to check that the colour doesn't bleed. I remember someone saying that the WH Smiths glitters are good.
I always buy good quality rhinestones in a few different shapes and all the colours and the mirco beads are fab.

They are the basics and what i find pople want and you can just add to your collection as you feel like it.

http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/65797-best-nail-art-product-suppliers.html
There is some links on this thread to nail art suppliers.

HTH's :hug:

^this is great!!!

saw you use Ezflow, do you store your color powders kits in these too? or is it too small?

I use EZ Flow GEL, not L&P (but will someday soon, I HOPE).
But I do also use them for 'custom' mixed colours of gel or glitter gel, and I store them in an opaque coloured box that the Sunlight can't get into. Takes up much less space than typical gel pots, and none goes to waste as it would if done on a piece of form or whatever and tossed later?
Then, I also always have some already done to show clients. If they can see it, they are more likely to choose it as opposed to my suggestion and an abstract idea that they can't imagine.
Plus, using a small container prevents me from making 'too much' as sometimes happened with the bigger containers - resulting in waste.

You probably 'could' use them for powder, BUT they are sometimes (depending on the brand) tricky to 'pop' open without moving them, so could result in spillage if the pot is overfull.

Because of HOW much art stuff I have, I HAVE to find ways to store it effectively that results in minimal space used.
I store excess in my 'storage' room and refill pots as needed.

hth's

that's great. Thank you so much for this trick!!

now I need to find these around here lol

You're most welcome.

Check painting and craft stores.

Test them out, try to open them 'EASILY'. If it requires too much force and jiggling about, you might not want to use them for rhinestones or coloured powders or bullion etc.
But I've never spilled paint or coloured gel.

You "might" try a container like this for coloured powders, but must be stored flat

p2036tlb.jpg

found here: http://gift4me2.com/images/ebay/p2036tlb.jpg

30jars5.jpg

found here: 30 Containers Jars with Threaded Caps Rhinestones - (eBay.ca item 190227525438 end time 12-Jun-08 10:18:23 EDT)

I've never had to store powders, so not sure.
But might be worth a shot.
Would take less space than full sized acrylic pots, keeps it tidy and the colours are easily viewed.

hth's

PS: I actually have a few of the beige one, that I use for rhinestons, and crushed seashells. They stack nicely in my case when I need to travel for princess parties and such.

Latest posts

Back