Nail art virgin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautymuma

Reaction score
Hi all.
I am an experienced beauty therapist but have recently been looking into offering nail art and fun nail things! However... I don't have the first clue where to start. I currently offer natural nail treatments using opi and Shellac but would like to be a bit more adventurous.
Please can anyone recommend things to buy or make any suggestions. I have looked into stamping but I'm a bit bewildered. Don't want to spend a fortune on the wrong things.
Thank you & sorry for sounding daft!

I would say get yourself some ball tools and a decent set of brushes and have a look on you tube at nail art tutorials. Also of you can get on a shellac art and style course that will give you some great techniques x

You can't go far wrong starting out with a striping brush and a dotting tool.
You can make some wonderful effects with them.
Get on google and have an image search :)
I've done ladybirds, polka dots, converse (haha!!) bows, hearts. This list is endless.
Just with the 2 tools mentioned :)
People who like nail art usually like diamantes too. You can always expand as you get more confident and more ideas.

Laura💋

It may be worth investing in a stamping kit such as Konad, I did and haven't looked back. For a full kit including all of the polish colours I paid £150 with roughly £15 postage. Well worth the money IMHO. I do have a dabble in my own nail art but as I'm not particularly artsy for a nail tech, I prefer the konad and then adding my own little bits to it by hand. Hope this helps x

It may be worth investing in a stamping kit such as Konad, I did and haven't looked back. For a full kit including all of the polish colours I paid £150 with roughly £15 postage. Well worth the money IMHO. I do have a dabble in my own nail art but as I'm not particularly artsy for a nail tech, I prefer the konad and then adding my own little bits to it by hand. Hope this helps x

Did you get the pro salon 1 kit? I noticed there's a few and would love to purchase one :) x

Thank you for the suggestions. I have ordered a dotting tool to have a play with, I have seen the Konad stamping kits but there seemed to be loads and wasn't sure what I needed?!
One more quick question (sorry!) When using diamanté and 3d stuff, what sort of glue can be used that will come off without damaging the nail?:lol:
Thank you again

Did you get the pro salon 1 kit? I noticed there's a few and would love to purchase one :) x

Yeah I did, you get all sorts in it. Its fabulous! X

Latest posts

Back