Nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmicbabe

Reaction score
I love nail art it cool. but i am not good at opalescent blending and marbling and please can some one give me some tips ?:eek:

hiya, what tool have you got to do the marbling with? i use a double ended tool that i got from sallys to do marbling it has little metal ends one with a big round end and one with a smaller round end and i find it easy to marble with this tool, you can use the small end for trickier marbling. i just paint the base coat, use two colours of nail art paint usually and blob a few of each on the nail then use the tool to just gently blend them together. i hope this doesnt sound too obvious or really vaugue?! and that i helped you at least a bit! good luck x :green:

Hi,

I Have never tried marbelling that way before.

This is the way I do it.....

Have a small bowl of water
Put in a couple of drops of base coat
Put in your chosen colours
Mix with the marbelling tool until you have your desired pattern
Then place the nail almost upside down and push down into the water, then sweep up out of the water.
Wait to dry then apply top coat.

I always encase my art in gel.

Hope this helps

Hi,

I Have never tried marbelling that way before.
In colleges & on most courses here in the UK we are not taught Watermarbling. The method taught is with dots of acrylic paint, squiggled together with the dotting tool.
You can use as many dots as you wish though its a case of less is more with the squiggling, if you over do it the paint just blends in and you get a mess.

Heres how I do it....

Paint the nail with your choice of varnish,
Take 2 or 3 (but no more) colours of acrylic paint,
Randomly dot the paint over the painted nail,
Squiggle the dotting tool in the dots of paint, think figure of 8 or 'S' shapes, (with a light touch) sort of 'flick' the paint towards the next dot and then move on and do the same with the next colour dot.

Ive had some fabulous results with this, also some tacky mess. Its a case of keep practicing and not over-working the paint thats all ... have to say though ... Ive never had one client choose it from my board! :lol:

Whats your problem with opalescent blending? if you can explain what you think is going wrong, maybe someone can help.

thank you for your tips it's been good help.:) the tool i am useing is marling tool. the problem with opalescent blending it dos not look like its blended. :rolleyes:

there is a tutorial on here that helped me a lot, you should check it out! search marbelizing....

Best wishes
Sharmie

Latest posts

Back