Nail bar, is it worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amoora

Reaction score
Hello everyone , currently I am doing Level 3 in Nail Technology. I am thinking of opening up my own nail bar in the London. I think I have enough money to start out but I have never run a salon before, so therefor I don’t know how soon my salon would get busy and I wouldn’t go into minus with my fanance. Any other ideas/advices/opinions will be aprieciated.

Think it's a pretty big leap from freshly qualified to running a nail bar.

Would recommend working for a year at least until get some experience , contacts etc

I’d get a business plan drafted and get some advice before you jump in.

Hi dear, I agree with Castlebeauty. Before you start your business, it is better for you to get into a salon or bar and work to know how it operates. An owner of nail bar is different from a nail technician, you have to think about the rent fee, the cost of products or advertisement. As ciderella 71 mentioned, a businees plan is neccessary. Only mind and words is hollow, I believe your bar will become more detailed in your mind after wirting what you want to achieve, what you need to do and what you lack.

What's more, as we have no idea how soon the salon would get busy, advertisement should be important. I believe you have facebook, you have already posted your nails works there right? And there must be someone willing to go to your bar for nails. Advertise your business there, see how they (customers/potential customers) response and find more ways to advertise it.

As for time arragement to avoid conflicts and other problems, anyway, you can google this in internet first. There are many articles telling you how to prepare a nail bar and what apps you can try to better operate it.

Hope that my advice works for you.

Latest posts

Back