Nail bar start up costs, how long it will take and possible income/revenue earned?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxy_princess

Reaction score
I live in central London it is very expensive indeed but I want to open a nail bar here. Im thinking to have 4 work stations, around 6 employees (of course it's more beneficial if they are skilled in more things and if course have qualifications). I am 20 and I know it will be several years before I can afford to open one. I'm willing to do what it takes. I already have an idea what its going to look like inside, the treatments offered, prices and how much I want to pay my staff. I want to have a thing where my salon workers get an hourly wage but also get 25% of whatever treatments their client has paid for to be fair. I want to reach out to customers who love classy and elaborate designs and make sure I stand out from the crowd. Ideally id like my nail bar to be about 30-40 sq ft. Hiw much will I need realistically for all this. Im willing to take out a loan for however much more I need if I don't hit my target in the next few years. I already have 3k saved on the side

Much thanks

Wow that sounds lovely! I think about things like this too and it makes me so excited (I'm 20 too).
Why don't you try starting out a little smaller maybe? Maybe 2 staff members, yourself and someone else and then as it takes off add more nail stations and staff members.
If you start out big and spend a fortune on everything it'll take you a lot longer to make a profit as it takes a while to build up a regular clientele. You don't want to end up in a lot of debt at such a young age!
I know I'm being a negative nancy but it's just a suggestion :)
Good luck with the business!

My advice would be to check out what your rent would be for a suitable property in your chosen area.
As your biggest outlay, It will determine your treatment prices which will determine your income.
Start small and build up a good client base.
Employing lots of staff can bring on a whole bunch of problems :/

Latest posts

Back