Nail care book for 12 year old?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lipstick Kisses

Reaction score
Hi geeks can anyone recommend a nail book for an 11/12 yr old preferably focusing on natural nail care and how to properly apply polish. Its my boyfriends sisters birthday soon and she wants to be a nail tech like me. She loves to try different nail art etc but she gets too distracted by the pretty things ( =D ) and needs to learn the basics of nail care and polish application. (I have tried explaining but I think a book would be better) I know Geeg and Marian Newman have good books but I think they will be too advanced. I just want something to help her polish with out getting it EVERYWHERE and so she doesn't cut (!!!?) her friends when doing manicures on each other =) thanks in advance x

Not sure if this is any use, but if you look on Play Store - android system, there are loads of apps on nail art etc. There may be something you could download onto a tablet for her. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Hope you get something sorted :)

Thank you! I know she already has a ton of nail art apps. I don't want her to think Im boring but I want her to understand how important nail care is and that being a nail tech isn't just about sticking pretty gems and glitter on nails! (Although it is fun =D)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1554074789?pc_redir=1407805688&robot_redir=1

I bought this for my cousins 13th birthday and she loved it. There is quite a bit of reading to go with it, but some great big pics, and the majority of the book is on natural nail care. How to properly PREP the nails, and apply. Really takes it back to basics.
Plus I learnt a thing or two flicking through it aswell ;). Xx

Brilliant, thank you! X

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1554074789?pc_redir=1407805688&robot_redir=1

I bought this for my cousins 13th birthday and she loved it. There is quite a bit of reading to go with it, but some great big pics, and the majority of the book is on natural nail care. How to properly PREP the nails, and apply. Really takes it back to basics.
Plus I learnt a thing or two flicking through it aswell ;). Xx

I am interested in this too, but the link wont work. Can you give me the name of the book please?

I am interested in this too, but the link wont work. Can you give me the name of the book please?

Pro nail care: salon secrets of the professional
X

Have you thought about buying her a fake finger or trainer type hand , so she can practice her application ?

Have you thought about buying her a fake finger or trainer type hand , so she can practice her application ?

I thought about it but I think she would just use it to do nail art on where as she really needs to learn about nail care and to paint properly etc. =) she wants to be a nail tech but she told me the other day that she did a 'manicure' on her friend and she cut her from pushing too hard doing her cuticles so I think it's important she learns the basics first. I'm going to get her some fun bits too don't worry =)

Latest posts

Back