Nail course advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraRi

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm new to Salon Geek, I'm currently not in the Beauty Industry but has always been something I have wanted to do.

I work full time in an office and looking to start a nail course so I can fit this in around my current job.

I was wondering if anyone has been on the courses at Sweet Squared in Leeds, I'm looking at Shellac Beginners then would like to progress with Liquid + Powder then UV Gel also if anyone does this mobile, if so, if you can share any tips how to Get started once qualified? Through family & friends I would like to think once qualified would pass on my details to slowly build up a client base.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Laura :)

Hi Hun I work mobile, I started training 4 years ago. Best advice I'd give is research the training. I don't use shellac but I know sweet squared training would be good and it's a very well known brand. I made the mistake of booking a week course quite cheap unbranded which covered manicure, pedicure, gel, acrylic and uv gel all in one week!!! I spent over double the money again by redoing it all with the actual brands I chose to use. So id recommend doing your manicure and gel polish course first. Then choosing either acrylic or uv gel next (I used to do both but I now just do acrylic as I find this is more popular and known in my area). When I first qualified I charged family and friends a small amount and just did as many sets as I could do build my confidence. I advertised quite soon after but did an offer like for the first 2 months.
Good luck :) xxx

I can vouch for s2 courses. The level of training is so detailed. The course book has everything you need and the course itself is very good. I did the shellac course through s2 and I can't recommend it enough. They're all there for you with any questions you may have, big support network which is what I wanted as I was a complete beginner. My 'day job' is nowhere close to the beauty industry but I was just interested in it so just went for it and loved it. Best thing I did all year.

I'm doing the Shellac Beginners course at S2 in Leeds early October

Latest posts

Back